Main Menu

Is THIS a low-side?

Started by kwells, January 11, 2008, 12:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

LOTS of skin to scrub after that bit of road rash!

ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME!!!

While she's not too bright riding without proper gear, the guy should be in jail for his criminal stupidity even getting close to low siding with a passenger - let alone one not properly attired for the ride.  I'd be surprised if that relationship is still on firm ground.   ::)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

Hey that left flip-flop foam will absorb most of the impact Im sure

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Aforementioned flipflop foam :o
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

louthepou

What a perfect picture. The very moment when the rider realizes the front wheel is pointing in a different direction than where the bike's going. While the passenger is probably not quite there yet... Ouch. In french, I'd say "Bin bon pour elle!" (i.e. well that's too bad for her, stupid enough to ride half naked).
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

kwells

by the look of how tense here right shoulder and arm are, I'd say she's not far behind in realizing that she will soon be cheese grated

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

cheese grated at the very least. she is in for years of hurt.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Paul@Sheffield

Why would somebody ride like that. I, having fallen off in snow, skidded on ice (twice and come off) and being knocked off once, know how important protection is. Could such as these have never experienced a fall, or just don't learn.

Tiger

::) Pain never seems to hurt much when your a teenager ::) I mean, hey, whats a few battle scar's...skin grows back in again, right!!!

Its the 'Awww, it will NEVER happen to me" syndrome... ::) >:( Stupidity rules, eh!!!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

mdskinner731

ill admit it.. i dont ride with all the protective gear i should... (or would like to... it costs lil bit to much money right now but im slowly getting it) but i also aint that stupid i kno my limits and dont try to exceed them... long story short im young and dumb, but that guy makes me look smart ;D   ;D   ;D
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

Coil Coyle

It's not yet time to determine if that's a low side or a high side.

If the front wheel hooks up and the contact patch travels to the left, the bike rotates about the CG and they vault over to the right; I think it's a high side.

If her foot lubricates the contact area in the rear, the bike rotates CCW around the CG and the front tire doesn't hook up; it's a low side.

$0.02
;)
Coil

YellowJacket!

I work with a girl that was an unprotected passenger on a bike that her BF was riding beyond his menas.  Neither had protection other than a helmet and he lost control.  He was killed she has deep scars on both shoulders and completely down one of her arms for which she hides with long sleeves.  She also told me she has even worse scars that she can't show me.  SHe says she will never ride agian and wishes I didn't either.  Hmmmm.

David

Coil Coyle

Quote from: DaveTN on January 11, 2008, 07:42:16 PM
I work with a girl that was an unprotected passenger on a bike that her BF was riding beyond his menas.  Neither had protection other than a helmet and he lost control.  He was killed she has deep scars on both shoulders and completely down one of her arms for which she hides with long sleeves.  She also told me she has even worse scars that she can't show me.  SHe says she will never ride agian and wishes I didn't either.  Hmmmm.

David

Did they high side or low side?

Rick G

Its a low side , The front wheel is off the ground or just about to leave it.the bike may flop to the right but more than likely there going to fall of the "botton' .
Stupidity reigns supreme . Riding in sandals,  shorts and sleeveless top , he's not much better. I have observed many times , female riders in bikinis  and not much else, perched on the "seat" of  a sport bike .

I'm guilty of not wearing my jacket  in the summer here in AZ. its just too hot on a local run . Its a toss up between road rash or heat prostration. But when I hit the open road (figuratively), and can get enough air flow, I wear the jacket. This is a helmet optional state and most of these morons don't even own a helmet, But then, we are not going to loose much in their demise.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

buy Rick if she's in a bikini I'm ok with that too

well most of the time

www.wellsmoto.com

Ron_McCoy

He could still save it.  Plenty of road to work with,  don't panic, never give up........HaHaHaHaHaHaHa

supervision

I agree with Ron, he still has time to save it.
" border="0

YellowJacket!

Any follow up photos?  Did he save it?

Coil,  Not sure if it was a low or high.  She said she thought something was in the road but doesn't remember much after that.  Her shoulders look bad...really bad.

David

Tiffanator

All of the guys on supersports around here ride like that... although their pegs have never been that close to the ground. I see them pulling into the apartment complex across from work in shorts, a tank top, sandals and a helmet and think... yep.. they've never kissed pavement. Me... I ALWAYS have on gloves and helmet. 98% of the time have on jacket, gloves, helmet, boots and very, very rarely I will cruise 1/4 mile to my bros house on private roads with just gloves, helmet and boots. In my thinking, the one thing people skimp on the most, boots, is a very important thing.. just the though of my ankle and lower leg being trapped under the bike while sliding down the road makes my toes curl. Now if it was lubricated with sandal foam, it may be a different story.  ;D
Tiff.
Tiffanator
First time restorer

Ron_McCoy

Just gloves, helmet, and boots? You must get a lot of attention dressed like that.  :o :o :o