News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Subscription or Prescription?

Started by Coil Coyle, December 21, 2005, 12:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coil Coyle

People of Vision,

? ? ? ? ?During our Kingman CROV ride Ron McCoy and I were discussing the ROV site crash that had occurred a month earlier, while our ride was being planned.

? ? ? ? ?He and I agreed that this site is a service that we would pay to help support. I had asked Ron Ghetti for an address to mail contributions to during the crisis but He had only jokingly replied "sure,send cash" without giving an address.

? ? ? ? ?I seldom view the Home Page http://ridersofvision.net/more than the few seconds it takes to scroll to Forum. Today, while working on JimE's Avatar I viewed the lower left corner of the page. I have no idea how long it has been there but PayPal donations are there now.

? ? ? ? ?Thanks and Blessings to Ron Ghetti for all his work are apropriate, for those of us able cash can now be sent.

? ? ? ? ? Like PBS....? ? ? ? ?8)
? ? ? ? ?

hfarley

It wasn't much but I donated what I could. This site is worth every penny!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Mutt

It's been on there for as long as I've been a member. Ron's apparently not one to complain as I'm sure he enjoys what he has gotten started with this site. I appreciate the technical help, parts resources, and experts (Lucky and others) the site offers. To be brutally honest, if it were not for this site I would have sold the bike already. Instead I have learned a great deal about how easy this bike is to maintain. That's a good thing with as much love as this thing requires! What could sound like a catastrophic failure to any novice can be overcome with a little help from this site. Besides since I don't have to spend money on a new bike I can afford a new in ground swimming pool this summer! POOL PARTY MY HOUSE!

With the many members we have on this site 5 dollars every 3 months would help out tremendously. Having said that I think I'm due!

THANKS RON!? :)
Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

admin

Wow, you guys are too much.  ;D

First of all I want to thank each and every one of you for hanging in there after the site crash, we went through a bit of aggravation for sure.
Second, it's not about the money really as I said in my email, it's about preserving the spirit of the bike and the community we have here on the net. I really do appreciate what you guys do for all the other members trying to maintain and keep an old bike running, roadworthy and safe.

While I am not here every day and certainly have gotten behind doing updates I generally feel that the site and forums are in good hands with you guys watching over so to speak...
Also feel free to give me a nudge or a jab if you see something that needs updating, fixing, changing or whatever.
again much thanks to you guys for supporting the site. and also those who've bought t-shirts etc from the rov store.  If anyone has artwork or graphics that they'd like to see on a vision T-shirt or mug etc. please let me know, I'm always up for that.

so Happy Holidays, Merry christmas, Happy new year to everyone and Ride Safe.

-Ron   8)

MotorPlow

Doh! We are going to need a new t-shirt for the "April Party Crash" at Deal's Gap to hang on the ceiling again. Any ideas????

QBS

I now spend a lot of time at the BMW e24 Roadfly forum.? Last July I bought a BMW 635CSi and am experiancing a ballistic learning curve.? There are many more people at the BMW site than here and, as is to be expected, they too have their very actively contributing core.? But, even though they seem to think that they are the best people on the planet, I would take my Vnarie brothers and sisters in a heart beat over them.? Some of them are really helpful and they know tons of invaluable information.? But there is a coldness about the group overal that makes me feel uncomfortable.? We are a much tighter and warm and caring group.? This group is an important? part of my life.? I check in everyday without fail.

Ron is a blessing to us all.? Thanks Ron!

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all.

hfarley

I agree this site has been wonderful. If it wasn't for the caring members here I to would have given up on my bike. All I have to say is thanks Lucky and Kia for spending time with me in the beginning on the phone talking me through stuff when my descriptions wer this funny looking thing that sits above the v shaped do-hickey. And them trying to figure out what the heck this newbie was trying to describe. Also tank you everyone here on the forum for giving me suggestions and lots of encouragement when I needed it. Ther were plenty of times that I just got frustrated and wanted to give up, but hearing you guys/gals and reading your stories of triumph and failures. It made me realise I wasn't the only one out there with bike issues. BUt most of all it taught me that everyone starts out as a novice and that I shouldn't be intimidated by this bike. That once it is running it is totally worth all the sweat, tears, swears, and scrapes. Thank you one and all, and especially you Ron for proving this wonderful site.

Happy Holidays to all and a wonderful New Year!

-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

louthepou

So... if I get ROV merchandise through the ROV store (http://www.cafepress.com/rov) this supports this forum financially?

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Coil Coyle

Quote from: louthepou on December 26, 2005, 03:58:22 PM
So... if I get ROV merchandise through the ROV store (http://www.cafepress.com/rov) this supports this forum financially?

Lou

Plus, you get a shirt you can wear almost anywhere without meeting another person wearing it!  ;D
coil

Night Vision

Quote from: admin on December 21, 2005, 06:18:11 PM
If anyone has artwork or graphics that they'd like to see on a vision T-shirt or mug etc. please let me know, I'm always up for that.

I think that a 2007 anniversary / rally shirt (course knowing where the rally is going to be would be helpful) would be an instant revenue generator for the site

something nice and yellow like the "hamsters" ?? ? ::)
maybe with black/white accents (ala RD350) so we wouldn't look like total hamster wannabees? :D

or........?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

admin

Lou
to answer your question Lou, yes. we don't make a lot of money
on those items in fact everything is marked up exactly 1 dollar to try and promote
people to get a cool hat or t-shirt etc.

I'm always open to artwork submissions for a t-shirt design or on a mug etc.
or if someone has an idea for a design like NightVision suggested I'm up for it.

thanks again everyone and happy new year !

-Ron