News:

Main Menu

Rov interesting fact

Started by Lucky, March 28, 2012, 12:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Ron just informed me he gets 30-50 registration requests, on average, PER DAY!!, mostly from spam bots.  he'll usually wait a week for a second request from someone looking to join to help confirm they are a real person...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

I use similar software to Ron for the BBS I admin (airplane type club), and in the last 10 days I have received 445 requests for accounts.  All of them are bots.

So yeah, I can easily believe that.

Rikugun

Quotehe'll usually wait a week for a second request from someone looking to join to help confirm they are a real person...

Interesting. That would explain why it took a follow up email before my registration was finalized.  :)

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

supervision

advrider is a site I like to visit, if I mess up signing in, their site will kick you out and make you go thru a bunch of steps, to prove your a person, I can understand so many flakes trying spam sites.
" border="0

YellowJacket!

Yeah, I still get dozens of requests on the alternate ROV forums I created a couple years back when ROV was down for a few days.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)