While on my travel...

Started by Tiger, September 10, 2008, 08:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) One of the great things about being a salesman is I get into places most folk don't!!! While on my travel around Widsor, Ontario today I had to call on Tough Customs Precision Cycles...Hm! a bicycle maker ::) Boy was I in for a rude awakening, a real shock.....Take a look for yourself... 8)

http://www.toughcustoms.com/index.php

The "Pan Fry'd" is a $250,000.00 creation!!! It has several thousand dollars worth of hand engraved part's, lots of "One off" custom made bits 'n pieces...absolutely beautifully made, from scratch!!!

I sat on the "Low Rider"...+ of $100,000.00!!!

No "off-the-shelf" frames, handle bars, footpegs, saddles, body panels, etc, etc. Although the engines are purchased from Harley, they are substantially reworked. Each and every creation spends up to two weeks of dyno testing... 8)

The owners of this superb shop are Rick and Kris Tomicic, (father and son).

I sorta had to mention that I had a couple of Yamaha VISION's :o ::) Turns out Rick (the father) was at a Yam' dealer during the Vision days!!!...and was kinda impressed with a picture of "The Mistress" I happened to have on me... ;)

Needless to say, they will now be on my regular call cycle when I'm in the area :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

are they open next saturday?  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

vadasz1

N_V: next time check the website.....9a-3p on Saturdays.

And my favorite of the four bikes is Tough Gun.  I just love that 2-1 exhaust and the bobbed look.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

inanecathode

Wow harley choppers, whats next, cafe'd honda 750s?  :o :o :o ??? ??? ???
This company is clearly cutting edge, i should buy stock, are they public?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

Cool account!  These are a far cry from 'normal' Harley Choppers.  Still not really my cup of tea, but I must admit I really like Pan Fry'd.  The engraving on the heads is awesome.  Anything that shows off that much talent & craftsmanship is worthy of respect.  Kind of like Maybach cars - I wouldn't want one, but they are awesome for the right person.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) Like H20, they are not for me, however, they are not Harley choppers...far from it. As I posted, these are Harley motors that have been reworked to maximize their output!!

The footrests on Pan Fry'd are CNC made one off's. Made from an aluminum billet with a "routered" copper strip wrap around each one. A couple of thousand dollars worth of time, planning and making...

Kinda far for a wee jaunt N_V :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

I like "Tough Gun".  Sweet looking piece of art.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

reardeac

the pan fryd is by far my fave... like the vintage look... they aren't really my cup of tea either but i can see the appeal... i would much rather have something that handles the curves... not much into the cruising from biker hangout to biker hangout thing... these guys have a lot of talent and if they wanna make a cafe bike or chopper out of a harley or honda i say more power to them... there is apparently a market... i am currently fashioning a cafe bike out of an 83 seca 750 that i got in trade for a $100 dollar helmet and am wishing i had half of their skill and patience

Tiffanator

Oh man... those guys are living my dream. I would LOVE to build custom bikes of any kind. I'm fighting the temptation to slightly customize the Vision since its down to bare bones. Those bikes look great, but I would be way too afraid to ride that bike... I may scratch it with my keys or something then it would cost another 20K for a paint job. Massive props to anyone who can dream up something like that and actually make it happen.
Tiffanator
First time restorer