News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Whats in the shop?

Started by Rick G, November 01, 2008, 12:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

My tiny motorcycle shop, has several bikes in for repair.  A  Honda VTX 700 , in for a ,no starting problem. Either the starter button is bad or the relay that switches the starter on and the head light off is bad .  
Also a '78 CB400 ,  with a bad head gasket  and  lots of other fairly  minor problems.
A friends '82 Maxim has become a long term resident, it needs the valves adjusted  and he owes me money.

The last one will give Inane a hoot!  Its a76 Honda Gold Wing, its pretty clean or I wouldn't mess with it. I'm going to rebuild the carbs on it.
I'm hoping to get them all done by winter as my shop is small and its hard to work with the door closed. There's more room on the large bike/ATV hoist , but its far too cold once we get into mid December.
I also need to get the Vision on the hoist and secure the rear Mac, where it comes out of the Y pipe, its a bit noisy  and I don't want it to fall off.

I also need to get the 12 volt conversion going on the XL350 , as the lights consist of the low beam , period!

My friend, Big Mike Custer , bought a big Beemer on eBay. for 1900.  it was vandalized and among the other damage , the headlight was smashed . The prices of BMW parts will take your breath away!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o the light is over 250.  As a temporary  measure, I  affixed a Vision head light in to the opening, with Red Greens favorite tool , Duct tape!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Kevin

What is the beemer, I might have parts. 

supervision

Things only come into my shop, nothing leaves.  Well I did sell my KDX200, and Trevor sold his VFR750, but that's  it on out-going.  My projects linger on for decades!  I have CB77 that has been down since  2001,  and with luck, I might get going some time this winter.  My problem is always that I would rather do something else, like ride my dirt bike, or  Vision.  An other bike I have recently brought out is my 1982, IT125H. It was sitting since I bought my XR200R, in  2001. The IT only needed a new air filter, and a chain tensioner spring, petcock fix, and other minor things to be riden.  I had it out the other day, to Holistler, and it still kicks ass!  I also will do more tuning on my emulator's in the V forks, as I get to  it. Another project,  I am also considering, is  turning my trials bike into a moto crosser!  It is a crummy trials bike and might make a decent moto crosser.  I have the MX motor and so I'm part way there.
" border="0

Rick G

Kevin , I forget the year and model (I'm not that sharp on BMW nomenclature)  I'll leave Mike  a voice mail and ask him. Its is a twin with a huge fairing, must be 2000  or later.. The mirror /turnsignals are missing too and the seat is cut.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike