Tobacco Road Area Ride 25 March (webshot's pictures)

Started by Mutt, March 26, 2007, 12:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

I took about a 3 hour ride today while my wife cleaned the house. I feel guilty about it.....ok maybe just a little. I remembered to take the camera for a change. I took some photos of the Neuse River and several farm/fishing ponds in Johnston County, NC. We don't have mountains and we don't have beaches. Well we have beaches but they're located on farm ponds. You'd have to see a picture to believe it. What we do have is tobacco fields, cotton fields, fishing ponds, lakes and lots of pig cookers on wheels. I'm a proud owner of one! We are 1 hour and 30 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean and 5 hours to the mountains. I guess we have the best of both worlds. Anyway I hope you enjoy the pictures of the middle of no where. The place I call home.

Mutt  :)

It's under 25 March 07 Ride. I commented on each picture but not as a caption. You may have to scroll down some to see the comments.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mutt929
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

8) So cool... 8) Enjoyed the slide show... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

MotorPlow

Mutt,
When are we gonna meet in the middle for lunch? I'm getting hungry....

~MotorPlow

Mutt

There's a vintage Japanese motorcycle show in May in Winston Salem area. It's 2:30 for you and 2:15 for me. What about that?

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on April 01, 2007, 04:33:29 PM
Mutt,
When are we gonna meet in the middle for lunch? I'm getting hungry....

~MotorPlow

I done did some cakulations for meet-n-da-midel ride.......

South Boston, Va  is  88 miles for you and 92 for me. April 14 Hooter's Pro Cup 250 at SOBO speedway.

Asheboro, NC motorcycle museum is 113 for you and 119 for me.

Spencer, NC (near Salisbury, nc) is 121 for you and 140 for me. There's a Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Show on May 5th (Cinco-de-Coronas!). Only motorcycles 1980 and older can participate. We're too new. Besides it states how proud a time it was when there was two shocks on the rear and a middle weight was a 350 and almost certainly a 2 stroke. We would be outsiders.....cool!  :)

Lucky

if your going to lunch, shouldn't it be a "Meat" in the middle run?...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Mutt

Quote from: Lucky on April 02, 2007, 06:38:53 AM
if your going to lunch, shouldn't it be a "Meat" in the middle run?...

Vegitarian ride!

MotorPlow

Well, the 14th is not going to work for me as it is my Son's 1st baseball game of the season. The 5th of May is definately an option. I have to be at work at 6PM on the 5th, but I am off the night before (I could always take off and go to work even later). The Vintage Motorcycle Show or the Motorcycle Museum both intrigue me. Let's do one of these....

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on April 04, 2007, 09:07:58 PM
Well, the 14th is not going to work for me as it is my Son's 1st baseball game of the season. The 5th of May is definately an option. I have to be at work at 6PM on the 5th, but I am off the night before (I could always take off and go to work even later). The Vintage Motorcycle Show or the Motorcycle Museum both intrigue me. Let's do one of these....

Which one are you up for? I can do either one at this point. I'm waiting on my cometics gasket to come in so I can put the bike's guts back in to it's cavity (stator). Should be good to go I hope in a week or so. If we're doing the 5th I'll likely get a hotel somewhere.  ;D. Of course I'll probably get a hotel either day.

Mutt

MotorPlow

Well,... It looks like the 5th of May ain't gonna work. I found that I have been scheduled to work on the 4th (6pm - 6 am) and I was already scheduled for the 5th (6pm-6am). So, a road trip between shifts is not going to work.

Looking at the schedule, what about... Friday the 25th or Sunday the 27th of May????

~MP

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on April 22, 2007, 10:48:47 AM
Well,... It looks like the 5th of May ain't gonna work. I found that I have been scheduled to work on the 4th (6pm - 6 am) and I was already scheduled for the 5th (6pm-6am). So, a road trip between shifts is not going to work.

Looking at the schedule, what about... Friday the 25th or Sunday the 27th of May????

~MP

Let me check and I'll let you know.