News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Head Protection

Started by Re-Vision, November 04, 2009, 10:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

I know this has been debated to death, but perhaps someone knows where I can get a good deal on an extra large helmet as well as recommend one that is comfortable while wearing glasses.  I've got $200 max to spend.  Thanks,  BDC

vadasz1

I personally have an HJC modular (flip front) helmet.  I got it on sale at a motorcycle show during the off season and was about $170 with all the taxes.

Other makes are KBC and Nolan.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

lexx790

I have a Caberg J1 PLUS, which I use with glasses and find comfortable.
I got it just before they came out with the flip down sun visor which would be handy.

inanecathode

Quote from: lexx790 on November 04, 2009, 04:48:53 PM
I have a Caberg J1 PLUS, which I use with glasses and find comfortable.
I got it just before they came out with the flip down sun visor which would be handy.

I think  i have the same helmet after they had the flip down. Quite cool.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiger

:) I run with a SHARK S8000 with the secondary sun visor... 8) Dead comfortable, one of the best I've ever had...so far!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kiwi

I have a Bell Apex and i love it.
Full face DOT and SNELL approved

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CUBNMA   ---i have seen it for less.
Fits great, looks kinda cool and i really like the idea of a proper full face helmet.

my $.02
US 82 XZ550 with the flapper Airbox