News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Philly ROV ride

Started by VisionaryDan, October 10, 2005, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it either.

Virginia Tech vs. U of Md. Football game  ;D

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

zore

WEAKER!? :-[ ?

I'm going to do a better job of getting that route together.? It is short but having done it, it's worth it.? The other option is bear mountain which is further.  From Jackson the WAWA on the map is 80 miles.  From Phily it looks like 20 or 25. 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Mutt

Quote from: Blake on October 13, 2005, 02:08:50 AM
Unfortunately I wont be able to make it either.

Virginia Tech vs. U of Md. Football game? ;D

Blake

GO HOKIES!!! Of course I only like them when they're playing anyone else but NC STATE. I really like it when they whooop up on the Tarheels.

GO WOLFPACK!!!

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

hfarley

I haven't been able to take the V out for a few more rides since it has been non stop rain here. I am still leary of riding that far for the first time and not knowing if I finally got everything fixed on the V. If I can get out and ride between now and then and if everything works ok I will attempt to meet you guys. I won't know until about wed if I can make it or not. So just count me out but keep me in the loop just in case. I know can I be more uncommittal? LOL!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

zore

I can appreciate that.  STILL WEAK!! but understandable.   What you need is another bike just incase  ;D
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

Heather if you want I can meet you half way. I could meet you on RT1 in the Neshameny area. That way it wouldn't be as far by yourself.

I still don't know which bike I'm taking the V with the fairing has brake and starter problems that I hope to correct this weekend. It also has an oversized back tire that the last owner put on it and it handles really bad.

My naked V is ready to go but I really wanted the fairing in case of a temp change.

Dan

zore

Real men ride naked.   ;D.  Got my carbs yesterday so I can replace the one I raged on. 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

The weather looks like it is going to clear up starting tomorrow so if that is the case I am going to go out for a ride tomorrow. Let me see how that goes and I will get back to you about meeting me half way. I would appreciate that if I go. It would make me feel more comfortable. I do have AAA toweing and have used them for the V in the past so if something does go wrong I can use them but I would feel better riding with someone else. Email me privately both Zore and VisionaryDan so that we can exchange phone numbers. This way I can call you guys and make arrangments. hfarley1@aol.com
Thanks!
-Heather

zore

I have a truck and trailer.  Not like we would leave you stranded... or would we muhaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!   Just make sure it's runing and charging. 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

So I took the V with the fairing out for a run today about 50 miles and by the time I got back she was over heating. Although the temp gage at the time showed normal. It had been up close to hot when I had been in some trafic but why boil over when I pulled in my gagage. I just flush the radiator and checked out the water pump about two weeks ago, because of the same problem.

So I guess I'm gonna be a real man next week and ride the naked V. I have more faith in that bike anyway.

Dan

h2olawyer

Dan -

The cooling systems on these bikes can be a bit tricky.  After a drain, flush & fill, you need to burp it through the bolt in the upper line - in the same fitting as the temp sensor & fan switch.

Sorry if you've already done this step but it is common to miss it.  I di my first time through & had symptoms similar to those you describe.

Hope this helps!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

VisionaryDan

I did burp the system but maybe not well enough. I'm going to replace the upper line fitting the temp gage doesn't seem to be giving me a good reading. I have a spare.

Thanks H2
Dan

zore

I'm ready to roll.  I'm just going to fit the gps on during the week and I'm ready to fly.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

zore

I'm thinking we should square up plans for meeting and route.  I think the route south of phily is a nice short loop and we can do it more than once.  Once I have the information for the route, I'll map it and post it.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

I tried one more time to burp my cooling system but I'm still not certain that it's ready. Plus the tires suck on that bike - I plan to put new tires all around on both bikes in the spring. I am still better taking the other bike. 

Is the Burger King in Chadds Ford OK with everyone to meet. We can grab lunch chat a bit and then go ride.  Zore if you could post it that would be great.

Dan

zore

If you have an address for that bk, yup, I'll plan the route.  Also, I don't recall who's all coming but It seemed like it was all jersey folk.  Is Chadds Ford still the best place to meet? 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

If it is all Jersey folk that are going could we make it closer? I took the V out yesterday and Saturday and she needs a slight tweaking on the pipes but other than that she is running great! Let me ride her again tomorrow but if all goes well then I should be ok to come on Saturday.  Let me know if we are moving the location or not.
Thanks!
-Heather

zore

The riding area I was thinking of going too isn't really that far.  Then again I commute 140 miles a day to work so my take on it may be diffrent than others. :)  Either way I think the jersey folks can meet up a little closer.  Maybe hightstown or something.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

Hightstown sounds good to me if it is all NJ people.
-Heather

zore

Err, it would appear my vision is ill.  I still want to go if you all don't mind be bringing another bike.  I'm going to take el XZR550RR out sat morning and see how it is.  If it just pisses oil and gas when it's cold, I'll go for it, but if it keeps leaking, I'll have to leave my reliable Japanese motorcycle at home and bring something less reliable like my Duc.  ???
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900