Just in case you're not confused enough about Our Economy...

Started by Coil Coyle, September 07, 2009, 07:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coil Coyle

Coil Coyle

Coil

People often ask me where the economy is headed.

Isn't it obvious?

Apparently not.

Here's the scoop:

1. The world runs on credit - and not just credit cards
and mortgage loans. Shippers, manufacturers, miners,
retailers, farmers...they're all dependent on credit.
2. The credit markets are still in disarray and the structural
problems are on an epic scale
3. The only reason the credit markets are functioning is
because they're being propped up by non-stop government
intervention,

So you tell me...

If you pay a visit on a friend and he has eighteen
tubes in him and is on a ventilator, how healthy
do you think he is? What do you think his prospects are? ?

My recommendations are simple:

1. Stop buying junk
2. Don't make any purchases (real estate especially)
that requires credit
3. Save every nickel you can
4. Stay the f*** out of the stock market and other
financial games
5. Make sure whatever cash assets you have are
distributed among several financial institutions
that have the highest possible rating
6. Learn to cook healthy food - grains and greens
7. Remember there's a lot more to life than being
a consumer

Here's a video we made from a fascinating bit
of conversation taken straight from the
Chicago Board of Trade.

These guys know the credit markets, they know
what condition they're in and they know what will
happen when eventually the second down leg
comes.

You might have to watch and listen three times
to absorb it all:

- Brasscheck

P.S. Please share Brasscheck TV e-mails and
videos with friends and colleagues.

That's how we grow. Thanks.

==============================

Brasscheck TV
2380 California St.
San Francisco, CA 94115

Brian Moffet

Glyn

Hey Coil, you're onto it. We're all in the rat trap that is called the global economy. One day, sooner or later
(hopefully later than me) it will all go belly up for the last time. Consumerism and capitalism  (same thing), is a one way street with no U turn available. We need population contraction, not expansion, and tiddly gas motors to make the oil we have left last 1,000 years. Electric cars, hydrogen cells, waste of time.  As for going into space, what's that about?. Can't the brains in the world see that all of that techno stuff is just gobbling up what little resources we have left at a faster and faster pace. Most of the "Green Revolution" is just another excuse to make more $$ out of Joe Public. Problem is Joe has, or nearly has, run out of money now. Lets enjoy our bikes while we can,  yes I'm a born consumer and not proud of it.

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Brian Moffet on September 07, 2009, 08:12:44 PM
Krugman usually has good ideas.  I couldn't find any mention of credentials on "brasscheck tv".

Brian, I don't agree with much Krugman says but I agree with his reporting here:
"Lucas says the Obama administration's stimulus plans are "schlock economics," and his Chicago colleague John Cochrane says they're based on discredited "fairy tales." In response, Brad DeLong of the University of California, Berkeley, writes of the "intellectual collapse" of the Chicago School, and I myself have written that comments from Chicago economists are the product of a Dark Age of macroeconomics in which hard-won knowledge has been forgotten.

My friend Felipe came of age as the Chicago School ruined Chile and lead to his immigration to the USA. It sounded good when Reagan said "get the government off of your back" but in reality we just transferred wealth to a minority and are selling our assets to foreign banks.

If we don't stop the Chicago School we will soon have sold our sidewalks to a toll company to pay for our military enforcing the bankers will. I'm not ready for Privatized Toll Sidewalks.

BrassCheck is just an off the wall source of variable perspective that I find more thought provoking than commercials on the TV.

I wouldn't live my life on BrassCheck information that I did not personally research further. I do find their off the wall presentations to be thought provoking on occasion.

;)
Coil

Brian Moffet

Hmm, I find in his writing and interviews he seems much more prepared, knowledgeable, and flexible in understanding of the economic problems than other economists (some of which seem to have the mantra "debt is bad" engraved in their brains.  Debt is not always bad.)

And I don't watch commercials.  I built my own PVR so I can skip past them when enjoying my escapist treasures :-)

Re-Vision

Federal Reserve System

The New World Order is said to control the wealth of nations through central banks, via the issuance of currency. The Federal Reserve System is the central bank of the United States, created in 1913. There is a theory that the Federal Reserve System is designed to transfer wealth from the poor and middle classes of the United States to the international bankers of the New World Order.  I'll admit to rattling the chain but doesn't anyone notice whats happening to the economy.  BDC