News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Off the RJ for a while

Started by VFan, August 23, 2011, 10:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VFan

This past weekend I was dirt biking in the mountains and took a spill that broke my collar bone and separated my shoulder. My guess is that I'm not riding the RJ for at least a month.

Crud.

YellowJacket!

Aww man, I hate to hear that but the good thing is that you are alive and will heal quickly.  At least dirt bikes take spills a little better than Visions do.

Hang in there and get well soon.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rikugun

Sorry to hear that, I've been there and feel your pain - figuratively and literally!  :) With no way to effectively immobilize the area I'd think 4 weeks would be optimistic. Be patient and let it heal properly. Good luck.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Ron_McCoy

Good luck to you, I hope you heal quickly.

Lucky

That shhhuucks!  feel better!!!!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Cdnlouie

Take good care of that as you really need a good shoulder  :(.  We are not as flexible as we used to be.  I'm pretty sure I cracked a rib this summer on my western tour, took about 2 months to heal.  Reminded me of my mortality.

Get better reall soon!  ;)

fret not

Louie, you promised some more stories from your adventure, what happened that you ended up with a cracked rib?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

spectre

:o Ouch! hear up buddy! I wish you a fast recovery :)
As a side note, statistically, the collar bone is the most commonly broken bone in motorcycle spills.   :o
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Cdnlouie

Fret Nut, I will share some more stories this winter when life gets real dull and I start dreaming about my summer vacation (past and future).  Sorry to keep you waiting!

I hope everything is still mending well for Vfan!

VFan

Thanks to all for the comments and well wishing.  Although I'm not quite 100% I've started riding the RJ again but I'm going to buy some body armor before hitting the trails. Healing took a lot longer than I thought.

VFan