News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

tiger / wher are you located ?

Started by gumbydamnit, September 15, 2010, 04:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumbydamnit

I was raised up in New Zealand / portsmouth,  but when the redhats started blowin' stuff up, mum moved us to the states 8) she met Jesus about 3 years ago, God bless'er. and I bought some land in souther Ind. ... Got the motor out of the vision without removing the rear swingarm and am detailing for re-assembly. I saw a link for updated exhaust systems, nearest Yamaha dealer to me is Obermeyer yamaha in jasper Ind, but Ithink only rich people shop there. any tips on performance updates would be quite lush.  Thanx all.   remember, anybody out there get tired of there twin, I'm in the market for spares.
God bless.

Tiger

:) I'm happily nestled in the wee village of Erin, which is an hour north of Toronto...Ontario, Canada 8) ALL Visions are welcome here...their owners by appointment... Hahahahahahaha...
Like you, I'm a transplant :o, originally from N.E England. I came here sixteen years ago on the back of a second divorce :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D...never been back since :P

I only use dealers when needs be!!! The guy on the counter is normally a lot younger than my Vision LOL.

New MAC exhaust systems are still available from your side of the border...They are much lighter than the stock oem unit and you do not need to re-jet after installation. Performance will improve some...but won't snap your neck...unless you fall off the wrong way... lol.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Mike Jacobs

Quote from: Tiger on September 15, 2010, 05:29:09 PM
:) I'm happily nestled in the wee village of Erin, which is an hour north of Toronto...Ontario, Canada 8) ALL Visions are welcome here...their owners by appointment... Hahahahahahaha...
Like you, I'm a transplant :o, originally from N.E England. I came here sixteen years ago on the back of a second divorce :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D...never been back since :P 8).......TIGER....... 8)

To the tune of "All My Exes live in Texas" -  Aaaaalllll, my exes live in Essex, thaaaat's why I reside in On-tair-eeeeeee (oh)....

Sorry Tiger, couldn't help myself...  ::)
Mike Jacobs
Columbia, MD
1985 Honda VF700S Sabre
1984 Moto Guzzi V65SP
1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision US
1978 Suzuki GS550 standard
1996 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja

Kevin

Hi Gumby. I'm in So Ill., Mt Vernon. That makes us in Vision terms neighbors. Most of the Visions in Illinois are in my garage, in some state of  ::)repair.

gumbydamnit

Hey Mr. Kevin.  I run thru mount vernon to take the wife to jacksonville to knock back a few with the inlaws... if you get tired of some of those visions in your shed, I could possibly tote one home ? [ for a slight recompence, of course ] I have one complete out of the two, and am working on paint / restoration.
I have a second that's in need of a motor, [ existing motor will crank, but spits fire in rear cylinder ] I am completely stuffed on finding any engine rebuild parts / spares. I think the carbs could be salvaged, but one of the vaccum nipples is shiite and I'm wary of epoxy's and such.. found a codger in bloomington that had a nice running vision for sale, 1000.00.. I e-mailed him twice with no reply. bloody yank..   God bless.