News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

I have.... parts.

Started by inanecathode, April 02, 2007, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

I just got a hand tool box literally stuffed with odds and ends for a yahamaha jt1 60, the /oooooold/ one. Probably 79-85, somewhere in there. Anyway, chain, various springs, points, condensors, plugs, clutch discs, all NOS parts, aaaand

HANDLES!

Lots. Probably around 20 of the things, REALLY nice ones, forged, with a hardened bushing around the pivot, nice old-school ball end, it appears as if they are ALL yamaha OEM handles. Haven't checked, but they'd probably fit visions just fine (if i recall correctly most control handle dimensions are standardised)

Anywho. If anyone knows anyone that needs any parts for older mini-sized yamahas, i might have a part that fits. Giving you all first pick before i dump it all on ebay.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Walt_M.

Well, if you don't mind a comment from an old fart, the JT1 came out in 1971 and was replaced by the GT1 about 74 or 75. Who cares? Not really relevant but the JT1 had welded on hand lever perches and they were kind of unique in that the levers fit only those perches. How much does scrap aluminum bring in your area? I could be wrong but that is what I remember and some people do not value my input.
Whale oil beef hooked!

inanecathode

I value your imput! I value /all/ imput, especially useful kinds like yours!

I suppose i don't really follow you when you say lever perches? What's a perch? (Other than a striped fish lol)

I might pop the lever out of my vision when i get home and see if any of the levers i have fit it :D
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

Walt_M.

I was referring to the part the lever fits into and pivots on. As I said, it was several years ago and my younger brother broke one of his levers on his JT1. The bikes had just come out and we couldn't find one that fit it. We finally gave up and bought bars with separate lever perches so he could ride. Hope I'm wrong but....
Whale oil beef hooked!