News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Thinking of purchase..advice?

Started by Perus, April 07, 2008, 07:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

Perus... congratulations on your purchase and welcome....

there are three things about your Vision that I noticed:

1) you have very unique engine guards that blend very nicely and seem to "disappear"

2) you have a Hepco Becker luggage rack and side luggage mounts.... did you get the luggage also? look at the first pic dumas

3) over here, we put our locks through the wheel!  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Kenny

Perus, welcome to the site. What a beauty you've purchased.
  I like the look of the extended rear fender- they work great on the long tours.They seem to keep all the dust & crap off the back end. We don't get these fenders in Canada but I've adapted one from a 650 Seca to my wifes 83. It has the earlier Krauser bags.
    Enjoy your new ride!
                                Cheers Ken S.

2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Night Vision

Quote from: QBS on April 09, 2008, 05:33:49 PM
Congradulations on your purchase. The bike looks very nice.  Welcome to the group.  Your bike appears to be a European '82 with all '83 painted pieces.  In the USA, '83s came with black chrome exhaust systems, black painted fork legs, black painted swing arms, drilled dual disc brakes, and fuel gauges.

upon further review of his website pics... it is indeed an interesting puzzle.... besides what QBS said....

US 83 paint set and fairing... but xz550 badges on the side covers  ???
Euro rear fender like Kenny said...
The rims are silver, not gold
The carbs are not US 83 carbs
The seat is a US 83 seat which I've never seen on a Euro
There is a lock through the rear wheel  :-[
Left side vent is broken?  :(
Turn signals aren't OEM
no air forks
fairing and windshield have all the trim pieces  :)
gas cap is not a US 83
it has the US vacuum hose position to the petcock .... ha ha hah (private joke, well not so private really  :D )

I think it's a Euro bike that someone has obviously customized very nicely and she looks cold and wants to come inside  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Perus

Hey :D thank you all for the great feedback you give me (probably her) :)

You're right, she's temporary out in the cold and I really want her home now, hopefully on saturday or sunday, I actually got some luggage included, the original turn signals and the actual hard cases for the racks.

Br,
Per

Perus

Finally after a cold and snowy weekend I managed to ride her home the day before yesterday :) It was a different but fun 120miles ride, hard to describe except that for the last miles the temperature was 2 degrees C below zero but now she's home and safe in a warm place. Unfortunately I'm still on a business trip but tomorrow I'm going to check her up and fix the minor flaws mentioned earlier. Maybe I should add a fuel filter? I'm going to take more photos as well.

Br,
Per

Brian Moffet

Congratulations, and I hope she gives you miles of enjoyment.

QBS

What did you think about the fairing vents?  You did have them on Warm, didn't you?

Perus

They were great, I had them on warm :)

YellowJacket!

Wow!  It looks like it was very well cared for.  It also looks like it snowed a lot between the first and last picture....something I miss a lot living down here in the south.

Very nice find indeed.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Perus

Quote from: Lucky on April 09, 2008, 08:12:14 AM
almost, it's on the lever side of the switch. you'd press it with your index finger. i'm not 100% sure it exists, i thought it was mentioned before.  i have a Euro right switch pod which has a switch to turn on the parking lights or headlights seperatly. i'd like to one day find the Euro left pod if it has that button (simply 'cause i can, lol)
Confirmed, It has both the left "flash to pass" button and the right switch pod for parking lights/headlights :)

Br,
Per

vadasz1

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/560436/ 

this site has a good pic of the flash to pass button.

And Tiger I bet this si also the site that the painter used for colour reference for the Canadian's tank. ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black