'82 vision

Started by psychovision, April 24, 2008, 09:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychovision

Howdy,

I'm new here and purchased an '82 vision about a month ago.It wasn't running when I got it but I cleaned the carbs and it fired up. I took it for a ride and was pleased although I didn't go past 55 because I removed the front brake to clean.    Now I need to replace the fork seals ,front tire and fix a few other things. And clean.I don't know too much about these bikes but I paid 700.00 for it. Hope I didn't get ripped off too bad. I can't wait to get it going.

kwells

pyramid makes some good seals out of canada...available on ebay
there have been successes on several sites for tires
your brands are limited due to the 100/90-18 sizing
***edited tire size***

Avon-roadrider
Dunlop-404
and a maybe a couple others are available

denniskirk.com has free shipping on 100.00 or over orders
americanmototire.com has 13.00 shipping on tires
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Don't know about you, kwells, but most of us have either a 90/90-18 or 100/90-18 front tire.  If it has been replaced with a Turbo Seca front rim, then you would be looking for a 100/90-19.   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

i gave the tire size for the Goldwing...ooops
crossing bikes now...
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

I thought  that a turbo seca had the same wheels as the Vision , 18 inch !
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

I'm fairly sure the front Turbo Seca wheel is a 19, but I may be mistaken.  There's a first time for everything.   ;)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

GT @ oh.

Psycho Hi there are a few things that you need to be aware of as far as fixes go on your new Vision ie. ....stator connection,all elec. connections checked,starter seal replaced with better type,starter clutch bolts r/r,rear brake brace bolts,and more.....others will chime in .......do a search all the info is there....like tapered steering head bearings which you might want to upgrade to...... since your into the front end already... not to worry all the things I mentioned are pretty easy fixes....ask and someone will respond...good luck             GT.

Night Vision

welcome aboard.... $700 for a non-running Vision isn't a rip off, especially if you have it running already, but plan on another $500 for "refreshments"

all said and done.... they are kicka$$ $1200-$1500 bikes.

look on eBay and try finding something that kind of money
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian Moffet

I wish I only paid 1200 for mine!

Brian

h2olawyer

I paid $1300 for mine brand new in 1984.  Over the last few years, I've easily spent that much again on upgrades, additions and general fix-up.

H2O

Rick G

I paid 500.00 for my first one nearly 10 years ago , and spent 400.00 getting it on the road.  700.00  isn't bad at all .
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Paid 1.00 for mine.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Superfly

Quote from: h2olawyer on April 24, 2008, 11:41:13 PM
I'm fairly sure the front Turbo Seca wheel is a 19, but I may be mistaken.  There's a first time for everything.   ;)

H2O

HAHAHAHAA

H2O is right.  The Seca turbo runs a 19" front rim.

I paid $130 for 3, but they all needed much more than a carb cleaning to get running.  $700 is a good price.

PsychoVision, good name!  I always think of the Suicidal Tendencies song
I've got Psycho Vision!
I've got Psycho Vision!

Kinda fitting now that I think about it!

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.