News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Oh Happy Day

Started by Night Vision, December 08, 2005, 10:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

once in awhile.. it's nice to catch a break...

Came home tonight and found.............

Box-o-starter seals (check swap shop)

Box-o-stator from Dennis Kirk I ordered and a ......................

BIG PLATE OF HOLY SHEET after I cleaned all relays, put all the stuff back and she FIRED UP!!!!! :D

Still not sure why, even though my sidestand relay tests bad (according to Haynes proceedure) that the relay "functions" as it should. The control side of the relay tests good, the other (uncontolled?) side tested bad.... is Haynes wrong? don't know...
?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

Don't forget you were chewing Big Red gum, 70% of your weight was on your left foot, touched the picture of Snoopy in your breast pocket 3 times & crossed your fingers.

you know if you don't do this ritual each time you'll never get it running again....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

still not 100% certain about sidestand relay.. it's bugging me cuz I still have to pull clutch in even if I'm in neutral.

is that correct? I thought that you only had to pull in clutch if its in gear.

I can start it with the bike in gear with the clutch in.
;D

Superfly

That is not correct.  The sidestand switch is very troublesome.  One thing you can try is on the TCI, (where you cut the rev-limiter wire) there is another wire, I think it is black w/ a white stripe, this is your sidestand switch connection to the TCI.  Take a pair of needlenose plyers, and pull the wire out of the plastic connector (don't cut it, this is just a test, this way you can put it back in if need be) and try starting the bike that way.  If you still have the problem, put the wire back into the connector.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Night Vision

I think the sidestand SWITCH is OK? with the bike running on center stand, I can swing sidestand down and it will shut bike off. Like I said in another post, the sidestand RELAY tested bad. I have not checked which relay clicks when clutch is disengaged, I was too excited the bike started.

I'm not done troubleshooting/cleaning, but at least I'm closer to getting to the stator and clutch bolts now. didn't want to open too many cans of electrical problems at once!
;D