News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Guilty...again!!!

Started by Tiger, July 02, 2009, 09:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) I don't know how to tell you all...and I hope this doesn't shock, (or bore), you all...but..............

Kev10104 (my apprentice!!!) and I picked up #14 yesterday!!!!! A Star Silver...yes another one...with low milage and a Wolf exhaust on her from the Port Dover area...8)

Apart from a really good clean up, she needs: a left side top battery cover, which I have in Star Silver!! A new battery ::) new tires ::) and a new stator...more to come, once #12 goes to her new home ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)                                           
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Y'all need to come down her end get Lucky's before its gone.  It needs a good loving gome.
I'll provide the room and board too.  :-)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

Sorry Dave, its not going to happen my friend...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Night Vision

you'd better slow down there mister  >:(

eventually, you're gonna run out of old stock...

then what are you going to do? huh?

huh?  :D :D :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

vadasz1

He'l probably switch over to the SECA's as some parts are swappable but not a whole lot.  Or maybe he'll restore vintage FZR's

;) 8)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

:) There are NO substitutes for the Vision...I'll always find one...somewhere!!! ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

YellowJacket!

Tiger has Vision Vision.  He can spot a neglected one in needd of a good home a million miles away...at least in Canada.  :D

David

kev10104

And i am more then happy to help him along the way.

Kid Jedi

I would REALLY like to have some exhaust specs off of that wolf system! if you could take a clo0thing tape measure and take some measurements it would be GREATLY appreciated!
Loves to over think things.

YellowJacket!

If I had any money left the guy that did my bag mounts could do a custom exhaust for me.  He does them all the time for the bikes he builds.  Very sweet looking setups too.

David

Tiger

:) Monday I moved her, #14, out of my neighbours garage and into mine so I could start on the road to getting her "done"...so to speak!!

I picked up a new battery and float charger for her on Saturday, when I was over in Niagara Falls New York  8)

The gas tank and plastics are all with vadasz1 for a paint over...(Silver Metalic) 8)

Side stand, footpeg brackets, top triple tree, handlebar risers, etc, are all going into a box to get sand blasted after which I'll repaint them Gloss Black... 8)

Her Wolf exhaust system now resides on "The Mistress"...so a set of Black MAC's will be installed...eventually ;)

I think you can get the feel of were this Vision, looks wise, is headed, can't you??

Let the fun begin... :o ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on July 29, 2009, 09:34:31 PM

I think you can get the feel of were this Vision, looks wise, is headed, can't you??

you got Oakland Raiders fans up there?   :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :laugh: :police: :angel:

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

::) Don't be silly :o ::)  ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Kojo

Wow, Tiger... Just wow..

14. I can't even imagine that. Best of luck, though from your track record, you may just put it in a box until you get a vision that needs it. I can't wait to see another "Tiger Special" roll out!
Younger, but just as smart. Really.

Tiger

:) Last night #14 was brought back on the rebuild line... ;)

I picked up the newly painted, Silver metallic gas tank and plastics from Robert...really nice job buddy, real nice...last week and put them down in the basement apartment for safe keeping, due to all the other Vision work going on in my one car garage of late :o ::)

The left side cover came off and...another stator was installed to replace the crispy oem one, the starter clutch "fix" was done along with the 46MM nut being torqued down and the two lock tabs being peened over. A new side cover gasket was made and the old girl was put back together. The R/R was installed on a bracket coming off of the rear fender, just above the swing arm (left side) and hard wired up to the stator, etc.
A new set of taper steering head bearings were installed along with a rebuilt set of front forks, front wheel put back on along with the newly painted top triple tree and handle bar risers. Handle bars are installed too...but I need to pick up a set of grips as the old oem ones were kaputski ::) So now she is sitting back on her wheels with a nice, new, rebuilt front end to her 8)
The front and rear foot peg brackets, now sand blasted and repainted were installed. New front foot peg rubbers replaced the old rotten oem set and good but used ones sit on the rear end.
The Starter motor was rebuilt last week and is now installed. New spark plugs/wires and caps installed along with new starter solenoid to starter and battery to ground wires...

Along ways to go...but she should be ready for a new home in a couple of weeks time... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

fiddlesticks

Quote from: YellowJacket! on July 03, 2009, 07:24:08 PM
Tiger has Vision Vision.  He can spot a neglected one in needd of a good home a million miles away...at least in Canada.  :D

David

I think your right. That reminds me of a certain trip to the Paris Rally. We round the corner and what is the very first thing we come across, but a V on a trailer . lmao Tigers eyes damned near popped right out of his head  ;)
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Tiger

Quote from: fiddlesticks on August 28, 2009, 02:10:33 PM
That reminds me of a certain trip to the Paris Rally. We round the corner and what is the very first thing we come across, but a V on a trailer . lmao Tigers eyes damned near popped right out of his head  ;)

:)Mine, ALL mine ;) ...and that, boys 'n girlies, is #14 that I'm in the middle of rebuilding now :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Tiger

:) The oem fuse box has been junked and in-line blade fuse holders and fuses have been fitted...not forgetting the one in the headlight for the fan ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

akvision

T,
Where did you get the new rubber foot peg covers?

Post a pic of #14
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska