Guilty...again!!!

Started by Tiger, July 02, 2009, 09:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Quote from: akvision on August 28, 2009, 09:48:49 PM
T,
Where did you get the new rubber foot peg covers?

Post a pic of #14

:) They came in a tote full of parts, when we picked up #12. They are actually OEM rubbers!!!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

:) More got done last night... ;)

8)...Front signal indicators have been cleaned & reinstalled... 8)

8)...Installed all the handlebar switches/levers...need to buy a new set of grips ;)... 8)

8)...The headlight bucket is back on and most of the wires are back in and connected up again... 8)

8)...The front brake parts have been cleaned and serviced, as required. A Stainless Steel brake line has been added and the front system bled off and working great... 8)

8)...A decent OEM chrome muffler was acquired (thank you Brian_Mathewson) and other than the left front chrome header pipe, was installed. Sadly, one of the exhaust header studs is snapped off, (it came in that way!!) so I need to drill and tap it to install the header... ::)

8)..Battery box/battery and cover are on... 8)

8)...Under seat side plastics installed... 8)

A day off today...going across the border to Niagara Falls New York, with Cathy, for a wee bit of shopping and a grrrrrreat steak dinner at Pete's Market Place... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

kev10104

Don't forget to bring a doggy bag back for Dexter and Willie.

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on August 29, 2009, 09:12:58 AM
Don't forget to bring a doggy bag back for Dexter and Willie.

Hmmmmmm, nothing left but lobster tail shell I'm afraid :o ::)

Tiger

:) I've sent pictures to my publisher, (Night_Vision ;)), so he can edit and publish here for my peer groups perusal...

...and comments :o ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D... 8) I've still got one or two wee bits to finish up, however...

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

and now for something a little bit different....

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Re-Vision

Damn!  I like that.  Just enough red to accent the gray well.  Quite distinctive, even the tank Logo looks cool.  BDC

Tiger

:) Since I sent these pictures (yesterday) to N_V, (thanks N_V), I have added the short stalks to the front signal indicators, (Thanks to Dave a.k.a.Yellowjacket) and added the "Vision" badges to the right and left side panels.

The paint colours are Silver Metalic and Safety Gloss Red for the accents...which looks better in the flesh, as it were... 8) The main paint job was, once again, done by Robert, a.k.a.vadasz1 ... Nice job bud... 8)

She will be safety certified in the next week or so and ready for a new home... 8)

8)........TIGER....... 8)

vadasz1

Tiger old boy, I think it's time we CAFED a Vision in Ontario.  I think this colour scheme with the bars low would look fantastic.

Oh, you really did a nice polishing job on this one.  I think I'll get you to polish my ride when it will be ready next year.

And the sun always seams to shine better on your little shack in Erin.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on September 03, 2009, 11:18:12 PM
Tiger old boy, I think it's time we CAFED a Vision in Ontario.  I think this colour scheme with the bars low would look fantastic.

:-\ Shhhhhhhh, I'm thinking buddy...can't you hear the wheels turning in that direction :o ::) :D :D :D :D... ;)

8)......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Take a look at the first and second pictures of the bottom edge of the gas tank.......did you notice the way vadasz had smooooothed out the sharp angle edge  :P
This has helped two fold:

1 - By using fibre glass, (which is gas proof), along the bottom end of the gas tank, it helps to stop gas leaks, especially in the four corners... :o ;)

2 - Then by adding plastic filler you can achieve a nice smooth, rounded edge to the tank... 8)

Practical in helping to prevent/repair gas leaks and cosmetically eye pleasing...wouldn't you agree 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

vadasz1

I like doing it this way because it sort of matches wi the look of the underseat palstics.  Makes the bike look more uniform.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Tiger on September 05, 2009, 09:21:06 PM
:) Take a look at the first and second pictures of the bottom edge of the gas tank.......did you notice the way vadasz had smooooothed out the sharp angle edge  :P
This has helped two fold:

1 - By using fibre glass, (which is gas proof), along the bottom end of the gas tank, it helps to stop gas leaks, especially in the four corners... :o ;)

2 - Then by adding plastic filler you can achieve a nice smooth, rounded edge to the tank... 8)

Practical in helping to prevent/repair gas leaks and cosmetically eye pleasing...wouldn't you agree 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Hmmmm... I THOUGHT something looked different. 

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

GT @ oh.

Looks great ......filling the flange does look better than orig.

Tiger

Quote from: Re-Vision on September 03, 2009, 08:40:47 PM
...Quite distinctive, even the tank Logo looks cool.  BDC

:) Thank you...I had the tank decals made slightly smaller than the ones that I have used in the past and I'm very happy with the look 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) She's alive once again... 8) I stuck a set of '83 carbs on her, while I'm awaiting a cleaned set, put all the hoses/lines/cables/air box and gas tank on, put some gas in and after a wee bit of coaxing she fired up...No leaks/strange noises, etc...all, at this point, seems to be well with her... 8)

8)........TIGER........ 8)

Tiger

:) It appears that #14 has a new owner... 8)

The guy has had his buddies Vision for an 18 month period, to which we have done a lot of work on her in the last 2 months.
He is looking to get his own Vision...so it looks like a deal is struck and another rider will join us for the 2010 Spring Ride... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

He will be very happy with that one.