News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

How to get your Macs REALLY REALLY quiet:

Started by Lucky, November 22, 2006, 11:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

I've got some rubber stoppers at work i threaded some eye screws into to plug the exhaust with for the off season. (You can already see where this is going...)

i thought i'd start the bike since it's been sitting over a week.

i forgot to remove the stoppers.. Duh...  ::)

It ran for half a minuet or so, really quiet!  :) then died... did this a couple of times, it sounded like the starter clutch slipping, lol

i have a red tie down strap i've tied to the eyelets that reaches the brake lever... i'm going to stencil "REMOVE BEFORE FIRING" on it.

DOH!!!

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lucky

Ok, i steciled it "REMOVE BEFORE FIRING, IDIOT!"..
all set ;D

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

Lucky

looked at a bunch of those Dave, but i had what i needed here  ;)

YellowJacket!

Had I known you were off work we could have done a little ride.  I'm heading to work (filling in for someone) but I'm off Friday and its supposed to be in the mid 60's.
Oh, btw, I like the ones you fabricated.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

i'm closing Friday, (big 'one day sale') and Penny threw her back out, so i'm staying local this weekend... Misty tell you about our flood?...

kiawrench

ok lucky--- all of that sounds like excuses,,, call in sick,, tell them the holiday tapped you out,,, a ride day is a ride day!!!       and we wont mention floods,,,, my v had to be put up onto the trailer to keep water out !  who said we needed more darn rain?
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

not rain, came home to a broken hot water pipe.. i hate cpvc!

kiawrench

hot water pipe?    not good      but , it does provide you with time to remove the andoes from the heater unit , check those puppies out , make sure they are still intact- if not , they are cheap replacement
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

not nessacary, the water heater is pretty new, it's just where the pipe sits is in a vulnerable place. i have to build a box to cover it.