Thursday Dangit

Started by inanecathode, July 25, 2007, 01:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

I was going to go for a ride tomorrow pretty much all day, just dork around in the mountains south of here, but it looks like it's going to rain all day tomorrow.
The one day i was planning on riding miss V its supposed to rain all friggen day ><
Someone come help me with my fiero instead :D it'd make me feel better about the rain!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Aelwulf

Fiero and a Vision, ya really are a glutton for punishment aren't ya? ;) I wanted one of those back in the day but after talking to a couple folks who had 'em glad I didn't then on the regular maintenance side of things.  Now it probably wouldn't be a big deal.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

kwells

only thing worse than a vision and a fiero
is 2 visions and a fiero
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Lucky

What? you don't like changing a pair of 12' radiator hoses?

How much coolant is that?....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

67GTO

The Fiero got bad press from all the car mags because it did not perform like a
sports car. Guess what, it was not designed to be a sports car! It was a economy/
commuter car.
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

inanecathode

Actually the 84 was designed as an economy car. After a year of production they found out that there was a huge demand for more sportiness, so they delegated the economy car to a single model (2.5 liter 4 cylinder better known as the iron duke (probably one of the best motors gm has ever made)) and expanded the 'sport' side of things into a whole bunch of different models, from 4 speed base sport models to 5 speed power everything leather seats so on so forth.

Yes i'm a glutten for punishment, but the car has soul, just like a vision. Sure the vision is a pain in the ass 80 percent of the time, but it has a spirit you can't get with a honda 750 or the like.
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

don_vanecek

Good old Iron Duke, I put 185000 on the Duke in my 81 Citation (only car I ever purchased brand new!) Engine was still doing great, rest of the car was falling apart, drove it until summer of 2001. Kid has an 89 celebrity with the Duke, only 140000 miles, doing great. I did have to do a head gasket on the 81 at about 100000 miles, no fault of the engine, it overheated due to stuck themostat. Doing the head gasket on the 81 was almost like working on the V, no one in the area wanted to do it-either do it myself or junk it out! I sure dreaded starting that job (I think I did it back in 1994) but you know you just keep taking off bolt after bolt and hours later, viola, the head came off!

Oh, one irritating problem with that engine is getting the valve cover gasket to not leak oil, I never did get the one on the 81 correct but a local shop changed the one on my kids car four year ago and his doesn't leak a drop!

glennw

The later Hi-Po 2.8 V6 Fiero's kicked ass.. for what they cost...
The narrow angle V6 in the X-11, Fiero and Buick T type screamed like a small block Chevy..
I'm mean you could have bought a DeLoren... that's a real POS.. (hey it WAS stainless steel)
Probably worth more as scrap these days!
I loved the 80's.. even if real car performance was rare in those days..
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Tanno

Quote from: glennw on July 26, 2007, 10:11:22 PM

I'm mean you could have bought a DeLoren... that's a real POS.. (hey it WAS stainless steel)
Probably worth more as scrap these days!

Did you know that there's a fella that's started reproducion of the DeLoren?
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown