News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

I got Busted!

Started by YellowJacket!, March 09, 2008, 09:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

When I get down and out I tend to do things without thinking.  Anyway, my RAZR goes through batteries like a vision with a family of angry gremlins goes through stators.  In my case, I have to replace my three new batteries three to four times a day.  I have 5 batteries and carry four with me. (Its a known Sprint problem).
Im getting to the busted part.
So, to justify the trip, I offer to buy my stepson a new phone for his 18th BD as he has a 3rd generation handme down phone that he is afraid to show in public....can't blame him actually....its pink. LOL
Anyway, took care of his phone and was woking on mine when a guy and his gal come in and he asks about my M.C. hat and if I ride. I say "why yes, I do".  Talk starts first with dragon, then our bikes.  He tells me he just bought a 35,000.00 chopper (he loked to be in his early 20's).  Of course, my comment was, heh heh heh, I only paid $1.00 for mine and restored it.  He asked how much I put into it to get ot running ( I showed him a bunch of pics on my RAZR) and I told him.  Unfortunately it was a dollar amount Vicki and I had never discussed and much MUCH MUCH higher than she thought I'd spend to get YJ to the point she is now.  Uh Oh.  Gan you guess how the rest of the day went...even more so since YJ is on her side of the garage with a pile of kitty litter under her.  Now, she wants to know how much I can sell her for.  (I asked "you" or the bike)...not a good thing to ask...
Then I get a call from you know/knew who saying they saw my bike at work the other day and was wondering how I was doing.
I need to mover to a desert island....or maybe just go visit some of my Aussie ROV friends for a while (Not saying its a desert there...just far away)
In any event, the amount of $$ I spent on YJ is a very sore subject right now and I took a real beating over it, but Im still keeping her....YJ that is.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

I'm no doctor, but you might want to have that knee checked out again... it doesn't seem to be able to keep your leg from putting your foot in your mouth :o...

that, or learn to bite your tongue...
unintelligible mumbling under your breath is another good technique to keep your ass outta the dog house.

those last two have helped me get through 25+ years of bliss.... helped, but I still run the mouth before engaging brain once in awhile.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

:-X Ya should have just told her you were just braggin'... ::) Something like...

"HUH!!...anyone can go out and spend a s**t load of cash on a new ride but how many can, like me,  take an old wreck and restore it for next to nothing"... ??? ::)...and then you give her that smug look before retreating into the garage ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) Always works boy, believe me 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

My wife complained about all the "junque" in the shed once  and then complained, that we didn't have airconditioning, (and me a hvac tech)  So I pulled  the used condensing unit out and the evaporator coil , the  20 ' piece of line set  and misc, electrical bits  and proceeded to install the system. By noon we had AC  and ever since, I have been able to  remind her of the usefullness of my "junque" .
I always  identify new components  as something I've had "forever"  or got for next to nothing on eBay or I traded for.  I also keep track of stuff she has bought from catalogs and at crap(craft) fairs. Like the old boy scout motto says, "be prepaired"
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Night Vision

Quote from: Rick G on March 09, 2008, 04:17:05 PM

I always  identify new components  as something I've had "forever"  or got for next to nothing on eBay or I traded for. 

:D :D my new one is: that? oh that's something Tiger had shipped to me because an eBayer won't ship to Canada...

that works well because I have a "friend" in another country that was buying up a storm (weak dollar/strong Euro) and I was receiving lots of packages there for awhile...
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on March 09, 2008, 05:50:48 PM
:D :D my new one is: that? oh that's something Tiger had shipped to me because an eBayer won't ship to Canada...

:o I'm pleased that I read this so I don't drop you...or me... in the shite, the next time I speak to Mrs N_V ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Aelwulf

Man makes me glad I've got the girlfriend I do now. *g* If we ever get to that point we'll each be using our own money anyway (something we had talked about in general from married people we knew before we had an idea we'd be going out a couple days later).  Overall though even if we did split accounts she likely wouldn't care much about a few thousand to restore a bike versus thousands and thousands for a new one like a Harley or custom roadster.  Heck, she even liked the couple of new ones I want and will likely be starting a list of her own soon as she wants to get riding (and will likely be starting with one of the '83s from here ;) ).

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Tiffanator

And this, my friends, is why I'm SOOO glad I'm single. I have NO ONE to answer to but myself... and my mother... but mostly myself. Mom just rolls her eyes at this point. We've finally gotten to the point where we can talk about "the bike" in a civil manner and she asked me the other day what I was going to do with it when I finished it. Er... um... I don't know.
Tiffanator
First time restorer

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

pullshocks

This weekend I made sure to point out how much I saved by fixing the dripping shower myself instead of calling a plumber, just like I do after every home repair job.

Actually my wife is more concerned about the aesthetics of the parts bike in back of the house than she is about the $, so I'm going to need really cash in my chips when I bring home another parts bike.