News:

Main Menu

USGP

Started by Walt_M., July 20, 2008, 07:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

Hope everyone who cared was watching! Rossi gave it an amazing effort. If traction control were outlawed no one would be close. As it was, Stoner's traction control didn't work in the dirt. Rossi didn't need traction control when he hit the dirt.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Extent

That was an amazing race.  I was really hoping for Edwards to make a bigger impact, but that's racing.  Stoners qualifying lap was mindblowing as well, and it was really something to watch the Doctor in form and at work.

The rookies cup races were really cool as well, the first one being quite a finish with only 0.001 of a second separating 1st and 2nd.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

h2olawyer

Those first laps were incredible.  Rossi & Stoner were really going at it.  Even after doing the dirt ride (and drop) Stoner still managed second.  Those two were so far out in front, they were in a race by themselves.  Even my mom - who hates motorcycles - watched & was impressed.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

I really enjoyed it too, They were literally banging fairings , while trying to pass!
I would really love to spend an afternoon orbiting Laguna Seca. I would love the cork screw!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

supervision

That was a cool race! The results of  two days of practice and qualifying, had me convinced that Stoner had em covered. But Rossi must have woke up on the right side of the bed, cause from the get go he was having no part of Stoner beating him.  That trip through the dirt almost took em both out, I think was why Rossi was kissing the track after the race.   Too bad Stoner made the mistake in 11, or we could have seen them race to the end. The passing into and out of 5 was crazy, what fun to watch.   GW and KS did a great job of calling the race on TV. 
" border="0

VisionMeister

I watched on TV this year for one of the few times in the last 36 years that I have not gone to the race ( courtesy of my broken leg).
I think that was the best race I have ever seen at Laguna Seca since the Roberts/Spencer and Lawson/Cooley duels; some of which were rumored to have been orchestrated for back and forth passing till the last few laps.
This MotoGP season is shaping up to be historically competitive.
Nice to see.

Kevin

Then you turn on NASCAR  ho boy we're gonna turn left. snooz