OMG!!! I WON!!!!

Started by YellowJacket!, December 08, 2008, 07:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

HP, MIcrosoft and several tech blogging sites have been running a contest for a 26" HP Touchsmart touchscreen computer and $6000.00 worth of laptops, computers , software and peripherals to be donated to a charity that you have to write a "blog" about.  I chose "The Restoration House" which is a home for single mothers, some of whom are abused.  The house is run by some friends of ours at church and is truely a needing and deserving organization.

My entry WON!!  I will be getting a totally awesome 26" HP Touchsmart PC and the Restoration house will be getting lots of other goodies including  a Tablet PC, Server, and two desktops(that I am donating) as well as the "prize" which includes several laptops, netbooks and mini notes as well as software and printers.

Heres a link to the announcement over at one of the other sites I frequent.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2008/12/08/gottabemobiles-hp-magic-giveaway-winner-announced/#comment-6289

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

Congratulations!  Woo hoo!

Night Vision

good for you! no matta what Pam says  :P
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Yeah...I like the part about her being the oldest virgin in her town....wonder why?  :o

David

Night Vision

;D

h2olawyer

Congrats, David!!!

Great cause & sounds like you did well, too.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Aelwulf

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Rick G

Well done! congratulations! :D :D :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Coil Coyle

Congratulations, Dave.
They couldn't have picked a better person.

:)
Coil

Tiger

8) SUPERB Dave, well done... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kiawrench

you , my  medically inclined fellow rider , have got to be one of lady luck's favorites!  and you are doing a good thing with it all, can see that .

now come back down here, help me pick a few powerball tickets , if it works, we can divide it into 4 piles (even of course) and retire completely from working society--- maybe retire to the mt raineer area-- get in some serious 5 sport weekends, hunt in th edesert, surf the pacific , shop the piers, lol   
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Riche

YellowJacket!

It HAS arrived!  Totally awesome gargantuan touchscreen/HD/Blueray DVD...everything!

Heres some pics:

My empty desk

Now thats a BIG box

Gonna need a bigger desk...

Me and the owners of The Restoration house, some of the gifts from HP and a few computers that I gave them.  The HP HDX 18" totally loaded laptop was damaged in shipping so I had to send it back.  Aside from the hard drive, it actually outperformed the TouchSmart.

David

YellowJacket!

oh yeah...I'm the one in the middle

vadasz1

Good haul Dave.  Keep up the good heart.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Night Vision

;D

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Night Vision on December 19, 2008, 09:23:26 PM
you got glasses too!

LOL.... I usually wear contact lenses but they have been bothering me lately.  Think its time for a new set.

David