Another new faring project, what ya think?

Started by DaWiseWun, April 27, 2005, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaWiseWun

Ok, finals are over, so i've gotten back to by bike and started on a different faring than that thing vision put on it stock, I hate that think, looks like it's perched on top and ready to fall off.  Anyhoo, what ya think of this, now it isn't painted yet, but In think this one flows a little better.  I took an old faring that I found off of an 84 FJ and chopped the nose off of it, rounded it off, and fiber glassed it back together.  anyhoo, here it is

"Of course there's a lot of knowledge in universities; the freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don't take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates.

DaWiseWun

Anybody know where I can get a new windshield for this faring, it is an 84 fj 600, this one is cracked.  Preferebly, I would like one that tips up at the top and deflects the wind farther up, make sense?

Josh
"Of course there's a lot of knowledge in universities; the freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don't take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates.

Koaps

Though I want a cafe racer  ;D

Fairing looks good, the bottom line works well with the tank.

Not sure the windshield question, but I would imagine a lot of places would have it. Airtech has some nice fairings unpainted, so if you get more serious and want more, there might be something there nice.

Lots of goodies, but I'm sure they are not cheap:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/prod.htm

Superfly

The Fairing looks good, how are you mounting it?  As far as the windshield goes, I just ordered a windshield from gustoffson plastics in Florida for my ugly stock fairing... ;D
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

DaWiseWun

I just made a simple U that starts from one side, bend around the front and attatches to the other side at the stock faring mounts.  Then I fabbed a couple brackets that follow the side of the faring and attatch lower on the fram of the bike.  I'll post a pic of the mount with the faring off, just as soon as I get a couple more measurments.  I'm working on the mounts for the front turn indicators.  I used 16th 3/4 box tubing.  It works pretty good.  I took it for a ride this afternoon and it's really solid.

ProfessorRex

Gustafson Plastics (sp?) I'm sure has the windsheild they carry windshields for visions!
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Coil Coyle

Its Gustafson Plastic
Has anyone mounted their +4 " windshield?

I am thinking of the Amber since the only time I ever looked through the winshield was when it was raining.

I think my ugly stock fairing just needs a couple of those projector headlights moulded into the rectangle to be just fine.

coil 8)