News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Took the really long way to work today

Started by kwells, April 20, 2007, 06:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

So it's about 70-75 here today so I thought I'd take the really long way to work....

Headed from Lakewood up Lookout Mtn (took some photos) then off to Evergreen and conifer and back up 285 to 470 then to work in Centennial.

I snapped some pics on my climb up Lookout Mtn...pretty cool

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Just returned from a short ride, myself.  Just the normal trip along Horsetooth Reservoir - not nearly as interesting as lookout mountain.  Great photos!  Think I'll have to try to include that ride on one of the 25 year trips.  Would fit well with Mt. Evans - not that far on down I-70 to get there, then go up Boulder Canyon to Nederland and past Blackhawk / Central City to I-70.  Would make a very fun day.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

supervision

" border="0

h2olawyer

Not to worry - I'll work it in to the itinerary!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

You can zoom out on that map a bit to see the relationship of Lookout Mountain to Winter Park / Fraser - which lies a little ways to the West Northwest.  Then scroll North and you can see Trail Ridge Road and farther North into Wyoming is the Snowy Range Road (Encampment to Centennial - West of Laramie).

Mt. Evans doesn't show up on the map but Loveland and Berthoud Passes do.  Mt Evans is South of Idaho Springs.  The Mt Evans ride will likely go down Clear Creek Canyon (US 6) to Golden, up Lookout Mountain to I-70 - to Idaho Springs, then up Mt. Evans & back to I-70.  The backtracking portion will be Winter Park , Berthoud Pass and a bit of I-70.

H2O

kwells

Mt. Evans is 103?  Might do that one this weekend.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

You might get as far as Echo Lake.  The rest of the road won't be open until late May at the earliest.  Like Trail Ridge, they try to have it open for Memorial Day weekend.

H2O

inanecathode

Wonder if the vision would run at the summit good at all without modifications...
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

While noticeably down on power, my V runs pretty good at 12,000 ft.  I have done Trail Ridge at least once a year for the last five years.  Not sure how it will do at 14,000 however.  I may try to get up there before the party - first week of June - to give it a try.  Many Vs will be coming from lower elevations and could require a little tweaking.  The 135 air jets with the vacuum flapper airbox should be the minimum.  (on 82 carbs)  Mixture screws will likely need to be run a little leaner as well.  The first couple rides won't get that high - 11,000 ft or so, so folks have a chance to see how they are running before we get to the real high stuff.

H2O

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

kwells

jes...

Might check out Colorado Springs this weekend...Heard some good things....great rides cool sights...

www.wellsmoto.com