News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Ron McCoy in hospital

Started by VisionMeister, May 01, 2011, 01:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on May 03, 2011, 09:12:34 PM
Quote from: Tiger on May 03, 2011, 07:27:42 PM

:) I had the pleasure of having a wee chat with Ron today...my first 8)

knowing Tiger, he was probably asking Ron what he needs to get his beautiful (so I've heard) Vision back up to snuff...

... send me a pm if you need something I might have

:) Nope...but I will be quite happy to help Ron out, if I can.

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

VFan

What a terrible event. It's probably best that Ron doesn't remember.

Get well fast!

VFan

Ron_McCoy

Thanks again for the good thoughts and wishes guys. fear not for the #1 Vision as I was aboard # 2 while #1 is undergoing some upgrades once again. I had the great pleasure of chatting with Tiger this afternoon, the high point of my day so far. # 2 doesn't appear to be too badly damaged, though I've only seen pictures so far. No ill wishes to the dog who suffered much worse than I, just wish we had met under different circumstances. Poor thing was probably abandoned. Lucky, the standard poodles I have been exceptional dogs. Once again, thanks guys.

YellowJacket!

Ron,

I'm very glad and thank God that you are here to "post" your thanks for all the well wishes.  I too am glad that you are ok and healing well and I'm very relieved that you were not more seriously injured.  Its a scary thought that it was so long before anyone came across you.  For us healthcare professionals, that "golden hour" is the most critical time.  The further a trauma victim goes beyond that, the more rapidly the situation can decline.  You are blessed that you are still here.

Heal well and quickly.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

darkvision

Wow.   Ron,  very sorry to hear about your  accident but I'm glad you are on the road to recovery. Please know that your many friends are thinking of you and your family and praying that all goes well.  Please let us know how you are doing and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
best wishes, Vic

don_vanecek

Ron, glad to hear you will hopefully ride again, I sure enjoyed meeting you at the 25th anniversary ride.

Dogs, cars and bikes, I still remember my first motorcycle (that I owned) a 66 yamaha twin jet 100, summer of 1969. My brother in law takes my sister around the block, just one block, wipes out a dog, somehow they don't get very hurt and I don't think the bike got very damaged. He was once a marine, he probably got the dog before it got them. But, in the day light, expected and I'm sure only 15-25 mph, a lot different than your situation!

Well, hope you and Lucky are both getting better!!!   

Ron_McCoy

I'm walking with no cane or walker now and doing therapy already. I see the trauma doctor Tuesday.
Hopefully I'll get out of this neck brace soon. Thanks for the good wishes again. Emails, Phone calls and visits from friends have really helped.

darkvision

Excellent!  Great progress, thanks for keeping us posted.  We'll keep those prayers going.
all the best   Dark V

johnclemens

Glad to hear your on the mend!
Be sure to post a list of parts you need when possible.
Anything I have that you need is yours.
All the best.
John

h2olawyer

Wow - I go away for a while to tend to close family health concerns and it sounds like the whole ROV family is having troubles!

Sorry to hear about the accident, Ron.  Would have posted sooner if I'd known!  Glad you are on the mend - even though it could take some time.  Bones heal & chicks dig scars . . .  ;)

Take care & my best to Sharon.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Ron_McCoy

Thanks again my friends. Saw my bike yesterday afternoon. Amazingly little damage considering the damage to me. Fairing and instruments are toast. Left footpeg mount bent severely, dent in left side of tank, ground area on left muffler. We must have parted ways early. I haven't tried to start it yet,but it looks like you could ride it home. I went to the doctor yesterday and apparently I'm doing really well, but it looks like three more weeks in the body and neck braces.

VisionMeister

Ron,
I've seen what you can ride home (remember Ebbetts pass).
Glad to hear you are doing better.
No Spring ride this year, I've got my Vision down for major service and need probably another month to have the time to complete it.
Dave just completed an engine swap with a low mileage donner. Did you see his post about hooking up with the Classic Harleys and Indians at Mariposa?
Hope to see you later this summer.

mdskinner731

glad to hear your doing good!!! dunno how i can help but if i can be of any assistance let me kno :o
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

glennw

Had a great visit with Ron and Sharon this past weekend.
Except for those two damn braces (and the bread) I would have never known he wrecked..
Very Good to see!

Half Mad Max

Coil Coyle

It sounds like your doing much better than after your Oklahoma City dirt track crash, Ron. Remember that the potassium from lettuce, not the calcium from milk was what bone growth needs.
I look forward to seeing your carb linkage on #1.
We'll be down to visit in October.
;).
Coil

Ron_McCoy

Got the neck and body braces off today. I start therapy on the neck tomorrow. Really feels good.

supervision

" border="0

Tiger

8) SUPERB news Ron...You'll be back in the saddle in no time ;)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

so what do you need to fix your bike??
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Ron_McCoy

I haven't started tearing it down yet, but I should have plenty ofparts to put it back together. Thanks