4th Annual CROV Fall Ride Sept. 28-29-30 Motel info added!!

Started by glennw, July 26, 2007, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tanno

Now that I'm here in Tehachapi, don't tell me that I'm the sole one from CO.
that's just too much pressure to be the rep from co!
please tell me that another C0ROVer will be here!
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Sorry, tanno - you'll have to be the sole CO rep for this ride.  Not to worry - they're a great group - even if they do live in CA!   ;D

Have fun.  The Lion's Trail is an awesome ride.  Wish I was there to ride it again.

H2
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

Quote from: glennw on September 25, 2007, 11:32:28 PM

Everytime a stator dies... a Vision owner somewhere
in the world sheds a tear... 

:D :D :D  add that one to the classics.... or H2O's sig line  ::)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

visionless

glad to here you made it Tanno.  We'll be riding bright and early on Friday.
       Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

glennw

Wait... you mean I'm missing the Friday Ride?  WORK SUCKS!
The V is Ready... tomorrow G will be ready...
Friday..(at 4:30PM) the boss man man say's.. "G... you are ready".. BITCH..
Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

Looks like I will make the trip. Hope there are still rooms available.
I'm planning to bring two visions and am trying ot talk Dwight into riding the spare.
plan to arrive about 3:30-4:00 and hope to get in an evening ride.

Tanno

I'm at the Golden Hills Motel. there are plenty of rooms here. Not the best, But it's fairly safe from prying eyes. Pull-thru fenced parking is closed at one end after dark. Manager also doesn't rent to locals because they are too much trouble. 
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Tanno

X-Vision

My Vision is back together!!! .....I rode it to work this morning and it's even better then before....
  I'll be there Friday morning. Ride safe everyone........

visionless

QuoteVisionless: 3-4pm? on Friday?

3-4 PM?  Maybe for the afternnon ride.  I plan on being a couple hundred miles into the day by then.  I'll be at my Dad's (Ron) for a morning ride around 8:00.
                 Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

h2olawyer

Have fun riding - enjoy & be safe.  I want to ride with y'all in the Spring!  I'll be thinking of the great riding you're doing while I'm at the local bike wrecker looking into stators.  Gonna build a collection of working spares.   ::)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Coil Coyle

I picked up the  bike in Weldon at 10 AM. Rode over through Havilah, lion's trail, Keene and Golden Hills road.
:o !Watch for Decomposed Granite on old 58! :o

Beautiful weather, way to go CROV

I check in the Best Western at 12 noon. I guess I better ride out and try and catch Tanno and Visionless

I'm in 102, Glenn.

See Ya'll soon
8)
Coil

Tanno

coil, we just got back from the ride. Meet at Ron's house. 

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

X-Vision

Thanks for everything Ron! Had a great time! Now I'm off to pick up my bike! Sorry I 'm not able to ride with you to day. Hope you have fun and ride safe.......

glennw

Man... that was some twisty roads...
I had a great time... !!
Good to see everyone again and meet Tanno!
Thanks for opening up your house to everybody Ron & Sharon
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Tanno

This was truly a great weekend!
I've now got to franticly search for som similar roads in Colorado!;)
It was great meeting everyone that showed up and some of Ron's neighbors (with and without collections).
I'd love to do this again. The special treat for me was it was in a town that  I used to be familiar with.:)
One of these days, I'll be as fearless as Ron.;) (prolly after several years of racing pro first.)
BTW, is there a pro vision racing class?

Seriously, these runs we had were an absolute blast.
H2O and Kwells... You guys missed trying to keep up w/ Ron. ;) Maybe next time.

h2olawyer

Spent a weekend in October, 2004 and a week this year in June trying to keep up with Ron, supervision, Vision Meister, Visionless and others.  Finally had a lesson last week (the day my stator fried) and am definitely faster & more confident.  However, I don't know how long it will be until I can keep up with those guys - if ever!

Did you do the Lion's Trail?  How about Breckenridge Road or Sherman Pass?

Any PIX?

H2O