News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

4th Annual CROV Fall Ride Sept. 28-29-30 Motel info added!!

Started by glennw, July 26, 2007, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

So ...

Supervision ?

Visionmeister?

Are you guys coiming?
Half Mad Max

Kenny

Glen,
     I'll be out west but up north a few hundred mi. so I'm not sure I'll make it down !
            Still havin fun though...
              Ken S   ;D
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Aelwulf

The truck work is covered by the new warranty so ok there, apparently the converter was toast too.  Waiting for final ok on leave since I'm supposed to work at least two of those days.  Other'n that just gotta make sure I've got the money for it (which I can likely borrow for the weekend if needed).  So put me up in the 75-80% chance range.  The oil drip coming from the air box seems pretty much confirmed for now, it's largely stopped since I took the box off and resnugged it to the hose again.  I've a minor coolant leak but that shouldn't affect anything, pop a bottle of Yamacool in the saddlebags and it'll be covered in case.  I do need to check my transfer oil (or whatever the frug it's called) just to be sure it's not low.  Other'n that think I should be alright for it.  I'd like to get a manometer before-hand but I don't see that happening.  If anyone happens to have one there to do a 'quick' sync job it'd be appreciated, she's burnin' more fuel than usual at the moment and don't like to waste it.

Edit: Do we have an estimated take-off time yet on the 28th?  Since there's supposedly some construction on 166 I'm looking at about a 3-hour ride to get there that morning.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Aelwulf

Quote from: Ron_McCoy on August 06, 2007, 11:58:18 PM
Here's a link to motels in the Tehachapi area: 

http://afiliates.travelhero.com/index.cfm/country/US/state/CA/city/TEHACHAPI/index.html       

The Golden Hills Motel is a small motel about 1.2 miles from our house. The Best Westerns are about
3 miles away in Tehachapi. The Holiday Inn Express is about 5 miles away out by the freeway. The
Travelodge is down the freeway at the easternmost exit, about 7 miles away.

Link didn't work?  Gonna do a google.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Coil Coyle

Hey Ron,
        Have the Sierra's developed grease mud now? Will an 82 Vision with stock suspension go smoothingly?  ;D
For all these years I thought that hitting a dog washed out your front end and high sided you, never realizing that spoke entanglement was the real issue!
;D
        Glenn, we have our room reserved near the Walker party. See y'all Friday afternoon. Should have Odium's 82 and may have Jim_E's 83 along too!

Visionless, I'll bring you the 83 front end and the sport fairing. The brackets are lost though. They must have been in the van that the creek flooded.

;)
Coil

glennw

If anyone has a extra fork brace or a extra front fender...
they would like to bring along I'll bring my checkbook... ;D

Kenny in California.... ?? Too bad you can't stop by..
I'm sure we could find you something to ride!

and whatever you do guy's .. "avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes"..
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Ron_McCoy

Haven't seen any grease mud lately, but there are a few places that are hard to go smoothingly.  Remember: no blank puffing!

h2olawyer

I always tootle my horn trumpet melodiously until I want to be heard, then I tootle it with vigor & express by wave of finger!   ;D

What a great piece of translation.  Gives some excellent insight into polite Japanese society of the 1960s.  Wonder if it's still that way?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

X-Vision

VisionMeister

I've been practicing my new motorcycle riding skills, and now may be able to ride smoothingly enough to avoid the grease mud and sporting dogs of the southern Sierra Nevada Mtn's.
I feel the demon dragon urge to join with Vision riders as our tires "rip the pavement" (Ducati performance catalog).
I have replaced the "sparking plugs", adjusted the "tickover rate", and checked the "tyre" pressure (Triumph owners manual).
I'm also practicing my Spanish so I can order Cervaza properly.
I hope to make it. But can't confirm till I see what's happening with my Mother. They just drilled a hole in her head and took a "sugar cube" size sample of brain tissue to analyze. We'll know more later this week.

Coil Coyle

Glenn,
          I'll bring a fender, the only brace I got is for the machinist to duplicate first.
I'm already in to you for quite a few beers so the fender is pre paid.

;)
Coil

glennw

Good Luck with your Mom Craig...
Coil.. Nice! Thanks...
I'm getting pumped!
tic.. toc.. tic.. toc..
GlennW
Half Mad Max

glennw

tic... toc.... tic... toc.. tic... toc...  8 more days ..
I wanna ride... I wanna tootle!
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Ron_McCoy

We're at the point where we need to know how many are coming by Monday for the restaurant reservation, food, etc.  Just post or pm me please.  We've been doing some pre-riding.  Things are looking up!

Tanno

I am now 100% sure my girlfriend and I will be there on Thursday. Just tell me where to meet in Tehachapi.

Please, everyone, after this Saturday (22nd) I can only be reached by email or phone. As we'll be on our way out to Cali.. This is our vacation, so we're going to have one..  ;). We'll be sightseeing on the way out there.

My email is available in my profile and H20 should still have my number. Email me or ask H20 if you need my number.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

visionless

Glad you're coming Tanno.  Looking forward to riding with you.
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

supervision

" border="0

supervision

" border="0

supervision

" border="0