News:

Main Menu

salt air sucks

Started by ps2/bikevision, January 08, 2009, 02:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

after a few months down here in NC i found out that with the warm weather in the winter comes salt air. i had my engine pretty shinny but now not only is it in worse shape than when i got the V but every other part of the bike that should shine is now in need of some polish.

anyone know what to do about this?

salt air sucks!!!

J-Et.

One friend of me who leave in "bretagne" (close to the Atlantic) used some Coca-cola for cleaning his bikes.
He tell me :
"It's very useful for the chromes (and shining parts) and engine cleaning and less expensive as special products. and no danger for the electrics wire or Spy." (but he used once a year a special cleaning products as "miror" or "polish" because it's not efficient on deep dirty)
But he tell me because of the ocean salt in air, he had to clean his car and bikes very frequently anyway (simply with water for cleaning the salt).
His bikes are always looking as brand new and are  around 30 an 15 years old i think.
I never try this yet but If it can help you.. and i find the coca cleaning funny  ;)
J-Et.

Aelwulf

Aye, it's the acids and such in it.  Straight cola syrup is supposedly good for cleaning engines.  Open a can of Coke and pour it in your toilet, let it sit for an hour and your toilet will be clean (or at least cleaner). Kinda makes ya wonder what it's doing to yer insides.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Kenny

:o Yup drop a Finishing nail in a bottle & check out how long it lasts !!
   For God's Sake don't drink the Stuff!! :D ;D
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92