News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

A voice from the back pew...

Started by Tiger, January 08, 2008, 07:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

;D A voice from the back pew...

A preacher, who's wife was pregnant with their first child, went before his congregation to ask for a raise...

They agreed that whenever the preacher's family was extended, so would his paycheck...

After six children, several members of the congregation became concerned that this was becoming to expensive and that the rule's should be changed/amended...There was much yelling and bickering at the next meeting to discuss the issue...

Finally, the preacher stood up and spoke..."Children are a gift from God" he said...

Silence fell over the whole congregation as people looked down and shuffled there feet in embarrassment :-[

From the back pew, a little old woman struggled to her feet and in a frail voice said...

"Rain is also a gift from God...but when we get to much, we wear rubber's ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8) Amen...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Cdnlouie

I recently met a preacher who has 8 kids (age 17 to infant), I'd say that he probably needs a set of hip waders.  On the positive side, their family was amazing.  Believe it or not, there used to be a time when this was normal. They were leaving as missionaries to a third world country and were an incredible inspiration (in the sense of admiration - no competition here) to me.

Amen & amen,

CDNL