any electricians here?

Started by Lucky, February 20, 2007, 11:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

I need to pick your brain about new wiring (err, 110 house type, not 12 Vision)
pm me or email me off-site.
Thanks, --Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

Hey...before you start, call me.  I know CPR and ACLS!!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Scott_Mc

HMMM, I'm an electrician and you rebuild Vision carbs....I smell a fire, er, uh, a deal!!
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

BREWSKI

Brewski was an electrical construction for 30 yrs,my son is mastrr electrician.Bring it on Lucky
GEORGE BATES

kiawrench

Lucky, electricity above 12 volts and tools,,,, hmmm 

the tea leaves say "check aflac policy ,mrs lucky, be sure his payments are up to date !

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Walt_M.

As I told him in my PM, 2 wire hook-em-up, 3 wire screw-em-up. Oddly, he didn't respond. Maybe he hasn't gotten his at home de-fribulator yet.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Lucky

Sorry i haven't responded, been going nonstop for the last two weeks.

I've been talking to Brewski on the phone with my questions.  i'm putting up a 10 x 14 shed (workshop) & had some questions about extending some existing wiring to the shed (there was a shed in the same spot years ago, & they had power in it. i still have access to the wiring.)

also, for any of you considering putting up one of theose Arrow steel sheds from lowes or home depot...don't! you want to loose your sanity?, try assembling one of those things & getting the 5000 holes to line up with the 5000 screws!!!

next time it'll be wood....

--Lucky

Brian Moffet

YellowJacket!

Hey, 
I'm off this Wednesday.  Weather permitting, I'll ride on over to finish that thing up.  Cruddy weather, I'll take the cage.
I'll stop by work tomorrow and give you the check for the cookie dough too.  (Don't ask)  ;D

David

kiawrench

not being a smart  a#* ,, but there is a book you can buy that will help a lot in situations like this .

title is "how to fix damn near everything" i think it sells for 25.00 ,, can be ordered from almost any decent bookstore.  My wife got me a copy a few years ago,, has been handy lil addition to my home tool box.
   it covers almost any type of home repair you can think of , appliances and electrical too.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

the shed is comming along, i'm more pissed that my dam printer sh*t the bit!  couple hundred bucks for a Brother MFC printer & it barely lasted a year. out of warrenty & Brother knows abt the problem.  extended the warrenty to 30 mo on some models, but not mine.  i'm getting ready to dig out the black powder...*ssh%les!!!

Lucky

oh, and i can already fix dam near anything, but sometimes i like an expert opinion too...

h2olawyer

Quote from: Lucky on February 26, 2007, 11:46:30 PM
oh, and i can already fix dam near anything, but sometimes i like an expert opinion too...

Etymology lesson.

Expert:  Ex = former / has-been.  Spurt = drip under pressure.  Thus, an expert is a has-been drip under pressure.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

i am still waiting for a book about how not to hurt myself-- i have done so much damage to myself over the last 4 years ,my wife says i need to change my name to tim taylor(insert various grunts at this point)

as proof, i offer the title of a book i got for x-mas : first aid for dummies.

i wonder,has anyone invented a work uniform with an airbag system yet??

Scott_Mc

Quote from: Lucky on February 25, 2007, 09:15:42 PM

also, for any of you considering putting up one of theose Arrow steel sheds from lowes or home depot...don't! you want to loose your sanity?, try assembling one of those things & getting the 5000 holes to line up with the 5000 screws!!!

next time it'll be wood....

--Lucky

Ooooh a steel shed and "happy homeowner" wiring :o there will be no "next time" :D ;D!!
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

Riche

Sounds like you should stick with BREWSKI. Last summer did a sub feed to my camp's garage with the help of my neighbor and father. That came out good .... when alone woking on the house wiring I stick to these basics:

Electricty in the wire = good

Electricty out of the wire = BAD   :o

Lucky

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on February 28, 2007, 07:01:37 AM
Everyone's a comedian!  ;)

Just be careful.  We dont want to have to go through the trouble of changing your nickname from Lucky to "Sparky".  ;D :o

David

Coil Coyle

Lucky,
          Just put a dry bleach bottle on each foot and only touch one thing at a time
:-*
Coil

hfarley

Lucky,
Be careful, you don't want to actually have a flaming stator beard!!!! :P
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!