News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

motorcycle repair tutorial OR common sense in a easy format

Started by kiawrench, March 20, 2007, 12:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

http://www.dansmc.com/MC_repaircourse.htm

i know we all would rather just tear into a project, but then we end up asking for help ,or just dont fix something. a easy to use motorcycle repair course is at this website, and combined with Lucky's disc, can make a lot of repairs and adjustments really easy to understand and complete.

The author of this site has worked on bikes for years, and is freely passing on his tips,tricks and common sense mehods of fixing almost anything.

posted last year, but with new members ,it is always a helpfull listing. put it in your favorites, use it a time or two, see if it makes things easier .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

Good find Kia.  I added it to my favorites.  Looks like a good "go to" resource.

Thanks,

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

don_vanecek

That looks neat, I'll spend some time there when I get a chance. It is amazing what you can find on the net, even found a site to help me with the old 9.9 hp Johnson outboard motor my brother gave me (which needs a carb rebuild but at the moment, heck, I have no boat to put it on anyway!).

h2olawyer

Hang that Johnson off the back of your Nissan PU & make it an "Amphitruck".   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

don_vanecek

Well then I guess its a good thing I already have a kit bought for the carb overhaul-I've also injected some of the holes in the body of the truck with foam-kinda help keep the dust out-should help it float, opps sorry Kia, were kind of getting off your original post aren't we??

kiawrench

that's ok don V ,
          but i can trade you a 50 hp johnson seahorse for that 9.9,,, you may need the extra power to keep the truck on plane once you get her in the water- roflmao
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

don_vanecek

Actually I'm part owner with my son in law of a 1960 model "Gale" Buccaneer 35 HP outboard on a 1962 (we think) Lone Star 12 foot or so runabout. I overhauled the carb on it about a year ago and you can't believe how primitive the carb on that outboard was! I mean it was almost just an adjustable tube for dumping gas into the motor. I used my Yamabond for the one gasket that needed to be replaced. Only ran it once since then, we still need to put a few more hours (and of course afew more dollars) into the boat before we try it out again. But the motor ran full blast after my carb overhaul-wish our V carbs were so simple! Of course that kind of carb would not work well for a motor that doesn't run at constant speeds.