News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

New Visionary in Calgary, Alberta

Started by Raj1988, July 22, 2010, 11:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raj1988

Well as a few of you know already i am spending my summer working in Calgary, the oil and gas mecca of Canada. It was a 3700km trip from home for me and for the most part my V performed admirably. In my quest to find other visionaries in town , I stumbled onto an 82 for sale. It had be stored indoors for the most part. Apart from that it had all the signs of a vision that hadn't really been cared for all that much. Chatted with the owner who was having a hard time getting it to start. No surprise since it had shitty gas and the carbs were pretty bad and the exhaust was a hack job.
He sold the bike to a certain gentleman who has a penchant for older bikes and put him(Paul the new owner) in touch with me. I've been feeding him what little I know about the Vision. To took the bike down to a small shop and got all the major work done it like carbs and whatnot. Also slapped on a BRAND NEW set of Mac's on it, A round headlight and a cafe fairing. The bike looks great and rides well. Paul couldn't be happier.

On occasion he calls upon me to give him a hand with some of the work on the bike and shes running pretty well now.

Concern: The front cylinder/engine seems a bit noisy. Sorta like a rattle... Like a chain slapping against its case. The engine has been rebuilt about 2000 km ago.. What could that be? Starter clutch? IT does not disappear at higher RPM;s

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

AdvRich

Cam chain tensioner possibly or a broken guide might be a good spot to start. If I remember correctly, a slapping sound at slow speed will be heard when out of adjustment and then diminish with consistent load at increased RPM. Could be a broken piece such as a spring in the adjustment mechanism, a guide mount, etc....

lexx790

Hopefully its not the rear crank bearing like mine  >:(