News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Aug 11-13 R O V Meet !!

Started by Kenny, August 09, 2006, 07:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

[And or how to find 2406 Wooler rd>
    Wooler rd is also known as County rd # 40.
To reach us from the east if you are on the 401 take the last Trenton Exit which is #522(Wooler rd) turn right or north and continue on for 6 kms we are on the left at 2406 -blue/white house with large poplar trees.
   If you are coming from the weston hwy # 401  it is the 1st Trenton Exit or the Wooler rd exit turn north or left and go under the 401 over pass proceed for 6 kms -we are on the left 2406  white /blue  house. If you have any problems or need directions tele 613 397-1386 or  cell 613 8495344 ,we have a truck and trailer if needed.
                       Ride safe  Ken S ;D ;D  color=green][/color]
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Tiger

:) Look forward to meeting you all...... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

;D :D 8) A GRRRRRRRREAT week-end had by ALL and hosted by Kenny and his Vision riding wife Dorothy. Also at the meet: Squid, Wolf, Lead_Deficiency and a special guest.......Night_Vision.... 8), up from State side.
We all gathered at Kenny's place for 1p.m.....Ummmm, me and L_D where a wee bit late.. ::), sorry again guy's. After dumping our gear at the "Hotel Stuart" ...(Ken & Dorothy's place)...We all took of for a few hour's of some of the best ridin' road's around.....some great "crank it up straights mixed with some "roller coaster bit's" and some great "twist n' turns"....made for some great riding... 8) The weather played it's part....a beautifully clear sky and sunshine a plenty.... 8).
Once back at the "Hotel Stuart" we had a couple of Cold one's.... ::) and looked over each other's Vision's....... ;) while shooting the breeze and getting to know one another, for the first time or a bit more from the last time  ;D  ;D  ;D.
;)....In the mean time "Mine Host's" had fired up the B.B.Q. and prepared a superb steak dinner for all....including some great wine....hic!!!
The remainder of the evening was spent around a camp fire....stories  ::), joke's ;D  :D , breaking wind.. :-[., etc...... :o  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :D  :D  ;)....and a few more cold "wobbly pop's"....... 8).
Next morning e headed out for a great fried breakfast at the Canadian Forces Base Trenton.... ::).....superb way to get the heart rate apounding.... ;D ;D ;D :D ;)....Then onto the Airforce museum for a wee tour....well worth while  8) then out on the road for a wee ride before retuning to and checking out from the "Hotel Stuart". Once we had all said our fare wells it was back on the road with L_D for our long journey home.
I left home on Saturday morning at 7.45a.m. and arrived home at 5.15 Sunday afternoon after covering some 800 KM's (500 miles). I have had a wonderfull week-end spent with some of the best people you would ever want to meet... 8)
A special thank you to Ken & Dorothy for opening their house to us.... 8).
....and a special mention must go to ALL the Vision's.... ;) they perfomed soooooo well.... 8)
The next OnROV meet will be hosted by....... ???....Can't wait...... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

louthepou

Meanwhile, back in Aylmer QC, and Ottawa ON...

Worked yesterday (at least I rode to work - what a beautiful morning that was). Showed giant land snails, african milipedes and tarantulas, played with dinosaur bones... nothing as exciting as a Vision weekend though.

Today, piled 11 cords of wood...

Pain, I feel pain... ahrg... must... type... fingers... hurt...!

Cheers everyone, glad you all had a great time,

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Night Vision

what a great bunch of people... what a great time....new friends, camp fires, comets, cougars and tigers and coons  ::)  I even got an OnROV T-shirt, kickstand pads, and a zippo  ;D

Kenny and Dorothy were such gracious and generous hosts, It'll be a huge loss to OnROV when they more west.... or just a waaaaaayy longer meet....

Dorothy was so excited to take us riding Sunday before breakfast, we kinda left Kenny and LD behind... way behind!! She can certainly ride!!!

It was cool to see what ppl have done to there visions... hey, how'd you do that? where'd you get that? LD had a laser thermometer.... took lots of comparison temps on the different set ups... maybe he'll post his findings in a separate thread... you might be surprised

Like Tiger said, it's nice to put the face to the name and meet the "Family"

it was "oat-standing"   ;D sorry...  ::) hee... heee.. couldn't resist   

For the chronicles....the record still stands..... there were seven Visions present, but Kenny had the yellow one up on the floor stand and is getting ready to turn it into a Hybrid so we have pics of only six

... yes folks, he plans to ride the first gas/solar powered Vision across Canada  ::)

Lead Deficiency... pm me your address so I can send you the plans for the solar powered stator... wink wink... nudge nudge..know what I mean?

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

squid

;DThanks for the great day Kenny and Dorothy!!! ;D
It was a great day and great to see some "family" again!! I had a blast and really wish I could have stayed the night, but as usual I have a million things on the go  ::)
My ride home was on the chilly side especially around the swamp area's but it will build the body up for late fall fishing ;D
Glad to hear that everyone made it home safe and who gets the IRON BUTT award this time??? I am thinking Wolf??
Night Vision, we have to get together for a ride sometime,,,or get together for a fishing session!!!

Brian_Matthewson

1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Night Vision

squid, come on down to where the gas is cheaper, speed limits higher, and fish jump right into the boat   ;D
ok, two out of three ain't bad. I just might have to come up for some hard surface fishing... I hear you can ride the fish you catch?
;D

h2olawyer

I have a favorite lake in north central Colorado - about 30 miles from the Wyoming border.  It has been designated a "Gold Medal Trout Water" by the Colorado Department of Fish & Game.  It is the only still water to gain that designation.  Anyway, it is an awesome lake for float tube fishing.  The Brown Trout are large & powerful enough to tow you around while trying to land them.

Any of you northern folks tie your own flies?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on August 14, 2006, 01:04:03 PM
Any of you northern folks tie your own flies?

H2O

;D...Na, I use a zipper  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :D  :D  :D  ;)

Lead_Deficiency

Night Vision

;D

wolf

WOW!--What a time that was...an unforgetable weekend, guys. Brilliant weather, roads, bikes, and above all,friends. Thank you so much, Dorothy and Ken!
Long ride home yesterday, often in wind and rain, but the memories kept me warm.
Night Vision--great to meet you,man! The M.O. is in the mail for the fork brace--thanks again!!--wolf.

Serendipity

What a gorgeous group of Visions!! So glad you guys had such a great time!

Btw, just curious which is Dorothy's?? (does she post??)

Tiger

Quote from: Serendipity on August 15, 2006, 12:47:07 PM
BTW, just curious which is Dorothy's?? (does she post??)
Dorothy's "V" is the one we are standing around in Night_Visions picture....'83, white and red with.....a custom red, with a black Corbin insert, seat......niiiice one.

Serendipity

That's my favorite! Since I am assuming she doesn't post, let her know for me that one (of the few) Vision Chicks thinks it's awesome!

Tiger

:) P.M. her on "Kenny", her husband.... 8)

squid

N.V.
A trip to where the gas is cheaper, fishing stuff is way way cheaper may be in order very soon,
now about the fish you can ride, there are a few up here,,,this was caught by a buddy a few years ago,
it weighed in at 52 pounds and its just huge, the pic doesnt do it justice,
muskie fishing is fun!!! ;D