82 Keyster Carb Kits may soon be available

Started by Cdnlouie, April 02, 2004, 06:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

Just to update you all on this long........ term project.  I emailed Sirus yesterday and he told me that the 82 kits are coming from Japan in the next order which should arrive in 4-8 weeks.

Now we can all hope, pray whatever seems appropriate for the moment that we get a better outcome than the 83's.  At least we have been able to get the Vision on the Keyster map and future runs can now be corrected.

I hope this will work out for all you guys who may need to get your carbs up to scratch in the coming years. This may help a few guys who are careful and follow the instructions laid down on the site to rebuild their own, especially in light of the demand for this and the cost to ship, etc.

Hang in there guys,

Louie

bikehandle

Thanks Louie!
I thought the 82s had gone by the way side! By the way, It's good to see your posts agian!!
Bikehandle
god, save me from my fondest wish!

Lucky

Louie, How can we go about correcting the 83 kits for the next run? I know there are too many to change as they have over 200 left now....  Specificly getting the correct jets in the kit for the next run. (and if I remember right, the initally made 250, and have in the area of 210 left) so it will be a while.

can you find out what will be in the kits for the 82's? if possable the pilot air jets should be changed to 135 for the rear... anyway, it would be good to know what's going into the kit before they are assembled, so the proper jets can go in...

also, can you now ask them about making a petcock kit for the 83's? :D

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Cdnlouie

Hey glad to see you too Bikehandle. I do need to get caught up with you guys as I have just been able to take a glance at what has been going on, so I am mostly out of the loop.

I did read about the 83 stuff and I figure we might as well wait until we see what we get with the 82 and then talk. The kit is on its way now so we just have to wait. I will try to get a look at the kit as soon as possible so we can know how good or bad it may be.  I can take a drive down and check it out before you guys order one and find out we have trouble in River City again.

If the 82 works out half decent and sells a few kits then I think we can probably get them to correct the 83 kits. So let's see what we get this time.

I do regret not getting the 135 pilot jets but the stock setup is what went out in the carb set I sent Sirius. ?At least it is cheap to get the 135's and if anyone has trouble let me know. ?It would be great if they can be here for the coming season.

We will keep you posted,

Louie