Main Menu

3rd CROV Spring Run.... April 1 & 2, 2006

Started by glennw, January 15, 2006, 10:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbranche

Quote from: glennw on January 24, 2006, 03:33:29 PM
Come on guys.? ?:-\? ..... yet to hear from:

Greg & his clan?

Sorry for the delay. Things have been super-busy for the last couple of weeks.

Matt, Ryan, and I will be there.

Greg

glennw

EXCELLENT!!!!    ;D = 1 Vision
The CROV boys just added a couple of more Visions!!!!
That is 8 confirmed.. so far...
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yet to hear from:
Extent (Mark)? ;D
Dave (Supervision)? ;D
Superfly (Pete)? ;D

GlennW
Half Mad Max

visionless

Hotel UpDate:

The least expensive rooms I have been able to find are at the Best Western Anderson Pea Soup.  If we book 10 plus rooms they are $94 dollars a night.  I told them that most of the rooms would be Friday, March 31 to Sunday, April 2.  Let me know how this sounds, so that I can get with Glen and have a block set aside.
               Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

Superfly

I am a definate Maybe!
Still workin' on my heads, but should be done by April fools day!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

Please hold off on booking rooms until I go up there on Sunday....  I'm trying to get one in walking distance to the eating spots...
Thanks
Glenn
Half Mad Max

glennw

OK WE HAVE AN OFFICAL PRIZE FOR THE MOST VISIONS..... (besides bragging rights!)
Ron has agreed to post some photos and captions of the winning group in the ROV Gallery....
Thanks  Ron G! ;D

OK, I scoped it out... there are lots of cool places to eat.. but they are about 1/2 to 1? mile from most of the Hotels....
So it's the CROV hotel of choice....Motel 6
March 31st and April 1st.... Check in anytime after noon.

$65.99 for two per night..
Do it on the internet.... it costs less... I was told.....
However you do it tell them you are with the:

CROV / Glenn Walker group / and downstairs, if you like.

http://www.motel6.com/ms/check-availability.do?property=0062&numberOfAdults=&arrivalDate=&departureDate=&BTR=M6ProximityResults.aspx?searchtype=AD&redicardNumber=17585&corporatePlusNumber=&travelAgentNumber=

OK, If the link does not work it's

Motel6.com

Motel 6? Buellton #062
333 McMurray Road
Buellton CA 93427
805-688-7797? ? fax 805-686-0297

WE NEED MORE VISIONS TO BEAT THE? CANADIANS!!!!
Half Mad Max

visionless

Glenn,
  Thanks for the hotel info.  Made my reservation tonight.
        See ya in Solvang!
                     Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

Coil Coyle

Glenn,
           We're reserved.

See Ya'll in Solvang.

;D
coil

gbranche

My reservation is confirmed for 3/31-4/2.

Matt & I went for a quick road-test yesterday, he on his '83, and me on Ryan's '82. Besides some dirt and grime, his bike is ready to go. Ryan's bike seems to have a self-centering feature to the steering, so I'll be replacing the steering head bearings this month. I may was well transplant one of the '83 front ends that I have while I'm at it.? :-\

There's always somethin'...

Greg

Brian Moffet

Quote from: gbranche on January 30, 2006, 01:28:15 PM
Besides some dirt and grime, his bike is ready to go.

Does this mean there will be some competition for "Most Patina'd Vision?"

Brian

glennw

Brian...
How about we call it "best original (un-washed) paint"? ;)
Half Mad Max

Lucky

Brian, i've never met you, but i've got this picture of "Pig Pen" from Peanuts, on a Vision in my head. dust cloud & all, lol... ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Extent

How did I miss this post?  I will certainly try and be there, I wouldn't want to mis two in a row!
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Ron_McCoy

Brian, you'll always be tops, patina-wise, to us.

We're reserved and confirmed. 

Ron

glennw

CROV....and  Any & All California Vision Riders...Help!!!
We are getting our butt kicked in the Vision count folks...
Drag 'em out get 'em ready!  We need MORE VISIONS!!!
:D
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Brian Moffet

Hmm the toronto guys got me thinking.  Santa Maria is only 35 miles from Solvang.   Central Coast Yamaha is in Santa Maria.  A bunch of visions pulling up to get some ridiculous part might actually be amusing...

It is April 1st after all....    ;D

glennw

The guys at the local Yamaha / Suzuki laughed at me when I asked them how much they wanted to adjust the valves on my Vision. Then the proceeded to tell me to "get rid of that pile of junk" and buy a good bike...I kid you not?? >:(
They are 3 miles from my house. :-\? Now all my Yamaha parts come from a dealer in PA. ;)

And when I bought the new DRZ I drove 55 miles to another Honda /Suzuki dealer to get it... ;)
I went back with DRZ that had the paper plates from the out of town dealer and parked it in front while I went in and tried on some dirt bike gear to see what I liked and then went home ordered it off the web..... ;D

F'em! ::)

Half Mad Max

Tiger

:) Went into a Yamaha dealer on Friday and asked for "an air filter element for an '82 Yamaha XZ550 Vision" after 2 or 3 minutes of farting around on the computer he looked up and said-----------------------"Is that a bike or? ???". I kidyou not.What the hell was he doing in a parts department at a main dealers. I will be interested to see if I get a reply to my e-mail? ???.(See---Ontario spring ride).
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Tiger
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Superfly

SWEET!!!

Rebuild is done! 

Blackie has been down since Sept. (80k checkup, Cylinders, pistons, and heads!) and I finally got her done!  Put the engine back in the frame, hooked up some carbs & electrical..... she started up fast, and purred like a really big, really mean kitten!

I have been upgraded from Definate maybe to DEFINATELY!

See you guys there!

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lucky

I walk into my Yamaha dealer like i ride what everyone wishes they had, & that's how i order parts.  my parts guys wondered why i thought it was so interesting & all have asked to see it (parts dept is upstairs & no windows)

Yeah, they didn't know what it was at first, lol but they know now.  ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black