what the ????

Started by kiawrench, January 19, 2007, 03:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

bit of news,, boring but true...
went out to the bike on tuesday afternoon, started my pre -ride check getting ready to go home from work,bent down to check my tail light and brake light,i felt a pinch in my upper left chest area ,and next thing i know,i woke up in the hospital with all kinds of wires and tubes in me again!

seems my blood pressure went nuts and i had a light heart attack,or so the drs are guessing.i had a cath done ,for safety's sake, and there was a problem with one of the stents that was put in in 04 after bee sting incident.they fixed it while they were in there, and i feel better now than i have in a long time.

but, doctors being doctors, they have again suggested i find a less stressful line of work.So now looks like i may be on the hunt for another line of work. one good thing about this is easy to see, the dr i saw did change all of my prescriptions from name brand stuff only ,to the ones that wal mart has on the list under new 4.00 listings, so my medicines wil no longer be a wallet draining event!!
  i was spending close to 400.00 per month for medicines, now will be under 30.00 per month

oh, the docs have put me out of work for a week, to rest up a bit, and let the new meds get flowing in my system-- guess i have to go fishing for a few days .

now i just have to get back to workplace ,and retrieve my bike keys ,and charge the battery(they pushed bike into the back shop since i left in ambulance)
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Tiger

:)Not boring bro'...Not a fun experience, waking up on the wrong side of a heart monitor beep, beep, beeping at you... :o Take the doc's advice and look around for something new and less stressfull, infact, if your saving so much on medication...ask Wallymart about a "Greeter's" position ;D :D :D... ;)...only joking...about W_M position...then again ;D ;D :D :D. Take care, wish you well.

8).....TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian_Matthewson

Kia...
Once in a while we get these reminders that life is short and very unpredictable.
I wish you all the best for a speedy and full recovery!
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Scott_Mc

:o YIKES

Glad you weren't on the bike!

Listen to your Doctors and take care of yourself!
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

h2olawyer

Oh man, Kia - you sure have been on a bad string lately.  Hope things turn around soon!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

h2o-  i think i can really blame only myself.
    a long time ago, a jump master said we all have to go, may as well live to the limit until then.   my problem is, i never outgrew that idea.  guess mother nature is trying to remind me i am not a puppy anymore.
   i am going to slow down now- no travel,(overseas anyway), lower my stress level by hiring someone else to push the work crews ,and keeping up with my food intake . will also pay closer attention to meds-- like be sure to take them as directed,not just when i remember them.... 

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Coil Coyle

Kia,
      Set up a daily meeting in Outlook Calendar and it will remind you 15 minutes early. Even I can remember for 15 minutes :-\
Take care of yourself, I dream of visiting Myrtle Beach on an East Coast tour of Historical places.

;)
Coil