News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

To YICS or not to YICS...that is the question

Started by plavix, December 14, 2006, 05:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionaryDan

Why bother with machining aluminum YICS chambers? The two 1" diameter copper tubing YICS has been working fine on both my bikes for over a year now.  I road for years with my YICS disabled (ball bearing in the hose) that way from the dealer new. After finding out the original chambers leaked I built the Copper tubing ones. I could tell immediately that the bike had better acceleration.  My vote is if you can squeak a little more get up and go out of these bikes why not.

Dan

Scott_Mc

Quote from: coilXZcoyleI think the only function of the system is to give a little puff to swirl the chamber fuel/air mix

Something like the TSCC (twin swirl combustion chamber) Suzuki motors??
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

Walt_M.

Yep, that's the idea and for the same reason, to get smoother running at part-throttle with the lean EPA required carb settings. If you rejet the carbs richer, the YICS becomes less necessary.
Whale oil beef hooked!

munkyfistfight

All this talk about removing the yics makes it sound like the appendix of the bike. It also sounds like some of you have fabricated your own, so my question is.....understanding what the yics does, have any of you made one that is better than the stock one?
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana