Had to do it

Started by VisionMeister, March 01, 2009, 11:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionMeister

I don't have much free time these days no that I'm working again. Primarily my weekends at home are devoted to the maintainence chores that I can't do when I'm gone during the week.
Yesterday my daughter's boyfriend was being transported to my house via his dad's Harley Road King. He asked if I wanted to ride with him and some other Harley friend's that were coming along for the ride. I delcined because I had a list of to do's and don't ususally like riding with a pack of cruisers. However, when they arrived I had already been outside working and thought to myself how nice it was for
February.
I couldn't resist so I threw on my riding jacket and aired the Vision tires while it warmed up. I was gone in about five minutes.
Lead them down to Volcano and up Ram Horns's Grade. Then up Shake Ridge Road to Fiddletown Rd., back to Fiddletown. Then across Ostrom Rd. to the Shenandoah Valley Rd. We stopped at the Sobon Winery to use the facilities and regroup.
Typical bunch of Harley Bikers. Good people full of rude jokes. I held back on any vacuum cleaner comparisons. The people at the Winery told us that there was a good restaurant up the road across from the Mt Aukum General Store. D'Angleo's Bakery puts on a good spread of home cooked goods and pastries and also serves a golden elixer that is good for what ails you. We made a great contribution to the local economy and were rewarded with warmth and full bellies.
On the return I split off at Ostrom Rd. to head for home. Back to Fiddletown and across Hale Rd, the creek crossings were running full. Down Charleston Grade, back to Volcano, and back home to Pine Grove.
Only three hours gone and only 60 miles ridden but it was worth it.
I just had to do it.

motoracer8

Craig,  I've ridden all of those roads many times. At least twice a year with my British bike group.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

X-Vision

It's great to hear that you are back on the saddle again, sounds as if you maybe ready for the spring rally?

supervision

Glad you got to go out and have some fun! I nearly gave you a call, that morning to bs. I deceded to leave you to your chores, as I was just killing time driving to Hollister.  You have some good riding up their, for sure.  I met some cool people at Hollister, TT track. This guy forgot the key to his dualsport, and  he didn't want to dig into, the thing to hot wire it. So he and his wife,were just taking turns on her 150.  I did quite a few laps with each of them. After awhile, I was needing a rest, so I handed her my 200.  She took a couple of laps to figure it out, then passed  him, like he was going backwards!  I was cheering her on, liking, watching her on my xr! She comes in, say's thank you so much, your bike is so much better than my 150, I think I'll get one.  Turns out she is a past AFM champion, and currently works as Track Day instructor! 
" border="0

VisionMeister

You are such a dirty boy.