Motorcycle shows

Started by motoracer8, March 16, 2009, 09:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoracer8

For those of you around No. California and like the old British relics, The Clubman show for British bikes will be the week end of March 28/29 in San Jose. There is also a european bike show along with it. Short track races Saturday nite. The same weekend there is a AHRMA national MX at Sand hill ranch near Brentwood, about 1 hour from San Jose.

And the CJMC will put on their annual swap & show at the fair grounds in Auburn Ca. July 25/26

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

supervision

Every year, we have the same problem, more events, than dates.  I think it's cool that Brad Lacky, is featuring, the Euro-Stars, aginst the Amera-Stars, in a tribute to the past.  Calling it Vintage Am. when I sit here thinking of the Inter-Am races at Carnage, it just gets me, right here!  If I had a helocopter, I go to both! 
" border="0

motoracer8

I went to the Clubman show in San Jose Saturday, they always have a nice group of British iron, this year the mark was Ariel, More square fours than I've seen in one place. In another building was a Euro show, they could have used a few more entrys. But in  yet another building was a Japanese show, first time, some pretty nice stuff showed up. Not as big as the CJMC show in Auburn, but a good first time effort.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

supervision

I called a friend, to suggest, meeting Saturday, at Sandhill to watch the AHRMA races.  He say's, no way fool, I'm going to the Friday nite, Indoor Short Track, at San Jose Fair Grounds!  Come meet us there instead.  So off I go, hauling ass towards  San Jose.  Got there 3:00 PM, Got to see the end of practice as well as the races.  All the guys I dirt bike with at Hollister were there, to watch the races. Short Track on concrete, is really something, the track is so short, they stay leaned even on the short straight.  They are impressive! After the races it is a dinner and program of pictures, and people speaking about Dirt Track, and the history of our sport. It was a blast!  They did this slide show of people that have passed away already, many cool pictures, and lots of cheering and laughing.  Ray Abrams, fired up the TZ 750, Mile bike and did a burn out, behind the stage, the crowd loved it. The bike that just reset, the motorcycle land speed record, that Chris Carr held breifly, was also on display, for you to look at, that thing was cool! the rider said it tipped on it's side, at over 300, and slid for 3/4 of a mile, before stopping, in one of the failed runs.  It was fun I'm probably going back
" border="0

funkamongus

Sounds like a good time!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!