News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Odd Vision in Cycle World

Started by jasonm., April 29, 2004, 06:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonm.

Take a look at the Vision a guy did up in Cycle World. Looks like a bike no one would steal. The only thing he did that was "off" was to use an H-D carb. "And you thought yours ran funny."
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Dave T.

Which month and year Cycle World. May 2004?  ???
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

jasonm.

JUNE 2004, just got it in the mail. Guy made reset peg mounts too. Take a look. It's right in the center of the issue. So you can take it out like a "centerfold".
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Rick G

Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Per

Sounds interesting. Maybe some of you guys could scan it and show the rest of the world.
/Per

Walt_M.

Notice the tank badge, Hardly Dangerous? I would like to know more about the exhaust though.
Whale oil beef hooked!

ArrrGeee

Hardly dangerous, maybe.
I don't like it, its just not right.
somebody needs to rescue this poor defenseless bike...

h2olawyer

Man that is one big case of fuglies! :o
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

joevacc

If you are going to ride a bike like that it aught to be like this!

http://www.confederate.com/con_web/home/machine/machine.html

;~)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Simon

OUCH! That's one ugly bike! :o
XZ550 1982 + chopped XS1100 1982

Lucky

Man I had a Nightmare last night that someone got ahold of my V and... OH NO!!! it Wasn't a dream!!!

Ewwwch!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

glennw

I wonder how it runs with a Harley carb?
Anybody here tried that?

Glennw
Half Mad Max

Blake

Oh man...even ---I--- Wouldnt do that!  And i'd do a lot of things..

and as for the carbs Glenn.  I was thinking about it for a while, but everyone convinced me that it would be best to go with dual.  So i bought a pair of mikuni flat slides that i'll have on hopefully sometime soon when i get back home.  I cant do much here at school without a garage, but i should be in full swing again in 2 weeks!

before i put on the flatslides, though, im going to use the AFR meter i bought from new zeland and see how the stock carbs are, and then slap a set of k&N's on them and check again.  So by the end of the summer we all can sigh in relief to the end of our jetting problems.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

nvdranger

:o Oh my god that thing is absolutly hideous (spelling??)

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.

MotorPlow

Gee,
All those modifications just to vent out and cool the little area behind the battery box for the R/R.

Some one should have told him about the rear foot peg.

~Chris

joevacc

Ya know -  I don't think this is too bad!  Ugly yes,  but not too bad.  ;)

I think the loss of weight and straight bars is going to make a good - quick - great handling bike!  I would however, after going this far, have changed the front end to something really hot with real brakes.

It's funny, I know of two junkers with very low miles on them and have been considering making a hot rod out of them!  Very funny!

P.S.  I would loose the lousy paint on that thing and paint it black! (partial to black Visions)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

tryder

Don't know if I'd enjoy sitting on that seat but it is kinda cool in a weird, preverted sort of way. It is nice to see a Vision in a cycle mag. The point of this article was that v is a great cheap bike to start with (yeah, it's got its problems but when running good...) Props to CW for showing some "old bike" projects, not just $20K cruisers.

PeteN

Well, I finally got my issue and was initially turned off by the bike, but now that I've been looking at it for a while, I kind of like it.  It makes a unique rat bike.
Pete

AFrawert

Maybe he went so fast the back of the bike fell off.
Yuk.

thekingofpain

(Image showed earlier, I checked and its correct, unless im doin something not allowed)
It sorta resembles the Trakker---
I like it, I frequent the land speed record races and am looking for an "odd" pitbike to get around on, the Vision might be my choice after seeing Denny Bergs rat Vision who also builds the Trakker and other one off custom Jap bikes... ? ?
http://www.cobrausa.com/
Berg says this is his most fun bike to ride and has passed it off as an experimental Harley to unwitting questioners for giggles, I might be interested in building a project such as this with some of Berg's styling cues---this image is what got me interested in the Vision for a 2nd time in 20 years...
We shall see---