News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Lowering?

Started by RadRacer, April 05, 2009, 01:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadRacer

Is there anyone that makes a kit to lower the Visions?  I can just barely get both feet on the ground on mine, and have to tiptoe to move it. Not wanting anything drastic, just abit lower so I can actually back into a space without nearly dropping it all the time
~'97 3.8L V6 Camaro~   Cam'd daily driver
~'83 Yamaha XZ550RK Vision~   Cruiser :)

YellowJacket!

not sure about any lowering kits but some of us vertically challenged have reworked the seats by removing some of the foam to make it more manageable.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

RadRacer

I was thinking about that too; I've noticed after a long ride I can reach the ground abit easier, so the foam must settle abit once I get on. I'm no short guy either (5' 10")
~'97 3.8L V6 Camaro~   Cam'd daily driver
~'83 Yamaha XZ550RK Vision~   Cruiser :)

YellowJacket!

I'm 5'7" and am using the stock seat with about 1/2" of the foam shaved out.  I can comfortably rest the balls of both my feet on the ground.  I had a seat that I was going to modify but ended up giving it to Lucky for his cafe racer.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rick G

My inseam is 29 inches. I had a nice , recovered , cut down Vision seat, it came on the Vision racer  After trying it , I found it didn't help . It needs to be a bit narrower, not just lower and there's no way to narrow the seat. I learned to cope with high seats , many years ago as a young mechanic.
I also ride a '77 XL350 Honda , with a seat height of 33.5 inches. I still think I'll sue the county for building the side walks so close to my butt!! :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D

The new dual sports with 37 inch seats are nothing I want to own.!!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

Ah, but Rick my friend, you CAN narrow a Vision seat..  there is a lot of hidden tank below that seat pan.  all it takes is an angle grinder, strong heart & a deep breath.  the rest is all trash on the shop floor.

my Cafe seat is coming along, really only 25% of it is seat the rest is all fiberglass. i'll post pics in the nead future.

Dave, you'll have a usable, abit slightly split-at-the-seams spare seat within the comming months.

on a related note, never grind fiberglass without a full suit & head protection... Youch!!!

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

You will have to post pics !  I looked at mine and it seemed there was not much to be gained , with out butchering the seat. :D ;)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike