News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

yikes works

Started by funkamongus, April 10, 2009, 05:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akvision

"A Gold Plated Stator"

Do they have them?  I want one for my trophy wall.  Oh, maybe I have to earn it.

Does the "V" Society award one annually for best idea?    We could do a poll on the best of the year. This has to be fun.

Winning is fun.  Progress is fun.  Learning is fun.  (runner up can be a silver plate starter) 8)
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

funkamongus

I like it,, incentive to improve upon an already great bike!! 
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

inanecathode

I look at a clean burn as releasing as little hydrocarbons from the tail pipe as possible. Motorcycles tend to be pretty clean as far as hydrocarbons are concerned but they absolutely belch nox and co.
I think its all pretty moot though, they put out very little exhaust compared to their four wheeled counterparts, plus if you consider the energy and pollution involved in just smelting the steel for a bike frame compared to a car frame.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Kid Jedi

Gold plated stator? wow, could I wear it around my neck and be one of those.. wachacallits.. ganstas? But if I did that i would probably hang my self later, just from the sheer shame of having anything in common with my useless generation. I don't think my generation has done anything positive except donate organs. I'll take The Who and Pink Floyd any day!
Loves to over think things.

funkamongus

YAY!!! I have a friend I can relate to!! 
I own:

Rick G

As far as popular music goes . for me it all turned to crap in the very early seventies.  I'm
still a Motown fan.
As far as these caricatures who are doing rap , I think they've left one letter out . There should be a C on the front of rap.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

funkamongus

hahahha AMEN!!! I do like the floyd,, but Im mostly into " the cream ", or Hendrix, and in the 70s I had to switch over to Steely Dan
(a name taken from a william burroughs novel called "the naked lunch",, steely dan was a fully automated, metallic, dildo).. even dabbled in John Prine and John Hiatt....as a musician for over 25 years,, Id have to admit there a small pockets of stuff that are ok these days, IMHO, John Mayer, for example, is a fine musician and good writer,, Jack Johnson, not so musically evolved but,  good, feel good, tunes...
I own:

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Kid Jedi on April 15, 2009, 01:21:28 PM
I'll take The Who and Pink Floyd any day!

And add in a little Dire Straits for good measure.  Now yer talkin!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

funkamongus

nice call,,, agreed, fully. hear the Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins stuff?? great..
I own:

vadasz1

I kind of am partial to the pre-Eliminator ZZ Top stuff.  Also most of the Bon Scott era of AC/DC was fantastic.

JAILLLLLLLLLLLL BBBRRRRRREEEEEAAAAKKKKKK ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

QBS

Don't forget the Stones and The Doors.  Anybody ever heard of a guy called Stevie Ray, aka SRV?  Rock on Bros.

funkamongus

I own:

Tiger

8) Cream, (Clapton riiiight across the board!!), Led Zep', AC/DC, Free/Bad company, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Who, Stones, Deep Purple, etc, etc, the list...like the music...just goes on & on 8)
Gotta admit that I also like Motown, Soul & Blues 8)
Hate Rap Crap and opera!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kid Jedi

it looks tiger has stolen my music library! As for opera I do like Lakme by Deliebes..

Rick G

I enjoyed the three tenors on PBS, and I enjoy classical music , but opera leaves me cold, they all sound like there in pain!  I like blues , and especially old country, 20 years ago and older.. The new stuff has way too much of a popular sound to it.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

funkamongus

I really love this forum... no wonder.. it seems all you guys have good taste.. odd.. and have the same bike.. hmmm..  can it be assumed that this bike is in good taste!!
I own:

QBS

Only when the gremlins are exorsized.

h2olawyer

My music tastes run a wide gamut.  Bluegrass, older country, classical (including some light opera), most rock from the late 50s through the early 80s (yes, even some disco), The Chieftans, Enya, Mannheim Steamroller (awesome stargazing music) but my favorite has to be big band & Jazz - Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Tommy Dorsey, Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, Clyde McCoy, Kay Kyser, Chuck Mangione, Don Ellis, Wynton Marsalis, and finally - as a former trumpet player - my hero, Maynard Ferguson.  Total agreement with Rick on the (C)rap 'music'.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kid Jedi

I love how much people would rather talk about music than YICS.  I don't blame anyone!  ;D

funkamongus

hahaha you got it Kid!!  Lawyer,, you got some good taste there too, bro, I didnt even think about the good ol big band stuff I love..
I own: