News:

Main Menu

yikes works

Started by funkamongus, April 10, 2009, 05:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

Hey, you forgot classical, Carmina Burana by Orff, Ravel, etc.. :-)

h2olawyer

"And what do you like to do when listening to Ravel's Bolero?"   :D

How about Haydn's Concerto for Trumpet & Orchestra in E-flat Major?  I was working on that way back when I was a music major the first time I attempted college.  That's one amazing piece of music.  I think I have at least 3 different versions - Maurice Andre on two vinyl albums and one by Wynton Marsalis before he gave up playing classical.  Said it took too much practice time.  I know what he means - jazz is much easier!

YICS is a boring subject, but can get some great arguments going on whether or not it does anything except cause problems.   :D  I'm with the camp that believes it improves performance a tiny bit - provided it is well sealed.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: h2olawyer on April 17, 2009, 05:59:24 AM
"And what do you like to do when listening to Ravel's Bolero?"   :D

At one point in time when I was at college, I was listening to Bolero.  My dorm neighbor stopped by and said that it was a great movie (the movie the piece was played from.)  I said it was really cool, and I really like the evolutionary progression in the animation.

he was talking about "10", a movie I never saw,
I was talking about Allegro non Troppo, a movie he never saw  :o

funkamongus

some folks actually HAVE more culture than a 1/2 cup of yogurt!!! Try going to Reno.. the difference between Reno and a cup of yogurt is that yogurt has a LIVE culture...
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Brian Moffet

I should tell you about the time I was in Reno, with shoulder length curly hair, and a beard.  Staying at a hotel that was hosting a cattle-ranchers convention.  It was strange...

funkamongus

ha,, i have one for that,, Im a musician,, bass player usually, so, I join this really good country band that wants to go alternative rock.. so, I give them a cd of about 60 tunes to choose from,, they want to learn some "Alice in Chains". So, we do.. Our first gig was in elko nevada during what is called "cowboy poetry week". 10 gallon hats as far as you can see, and these guys want to play Alice in Chains.. Manager FREAKS.. The leader of the band blames it on ME!!!!! I was out of that band the next week...
I own:

Kid Jedi

last time i went to reno there was a treckkie convention and some kinda secret service thing in the same hotel. Long story short: guys in suits with ear pieces riding in the same elevator as Klingons. it was WEIRD

Short story long? Anything by Dickens!  :D :D :D
Loves to over think things.

funkamongus

that is a weird combo....good flashback material for sure!! lol...
I own:

h2olawyer

I'm equally comfortable around ranchers, farmers and nerds.  I've done my share of ranch work - brading, pulling calves, planting / baling grass & alfalfa hay, repairing balers (a constant chore - even in mid February).  I enjoy Baxter Black's stories & poetry.  I've also spent time working with computer programmers and most lawyers I know are at least a little bit 'nerdy'.  I was at one time a marching band geek.  For the last 30 years,my dress 'shoes' have been made by Justin out of bullhide for the black ones and elephant hide for the brown ones.  Even wore boots to my law school graduation (in San Diego, CA).  These days, boots just seem like a good fit with my handlebar moustache.   ;D  I do own a pair of wingtips, but they haven't been on my feet in years.  20 years old and look like new.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

I knew there was some thing I liked about you!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike