News:

Main Menu

New here!

Started by flyinbike, April 13, 2009, 06:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinbike

Hey, im new here and i just bought a 82 vision. Needs the carbs cleaned and fork seals. I'm going to ride the bike to school everyday. I dont really have any bike experience, just cars, as i have a 1969 plymouth barracuda as a project.......I will upload pics later on.

thanks

Night Vision

I guess it's spring alright, another new owner and more carburetor spring cleaning  ;D

welcome aboard
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Kenny

Hi & Welcome Flyinbike!
     Does this mean you have wings as well as a MC licence?  You will find lots of great advice,parts,humour,stories- enjoy.
  If your looking for some info. on how to sort out your new purchase,check out the PartsResourse info on the top of the site page.
                             Cheers Ken S. ;)    
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Kid Jedi

if you are lookin for a bike to ride every day to school, be warned, the vision needs alot of TLC before she can be very dependable
Loves to over think things.

funkamongus

Welcome!! these are some great guys!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

musicweb

Yep! Funk is right.....

I have learned so much since I got my '82.....

Always someone around to help out.....
1982 XZ550 Vision
Most upgrades done... and a large pizza paint job!

Rick G

Any old bike will need TLC to be reliable, but many aren't worth the trouble. The Vision is.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

vadasz1

And I garante that you will most likely be the ONLY one in school with such a classic CULT bike.  Be ready to give all the babes a ride.  Just ask YellowJacket about his experiences.  ;)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: vadasz1 on April 14, 2009, 09:36:05 AM
And I garante that you will most likely be the ONLY one in school with such a classic CULT bike.  Be ready to give all the babes a ride.  Just ask YellowJacket about his experiences.  ;)

LOL.

Yep, I'm the only one at school and work with the coolest bike.  Chicks dig it.

During the warmer months my Vision is my daily driver.  If youtake care of it after you get all the issues sorted out, it is a very reliable mode of transportation.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)