News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

insurance?

Started by flyinbike, April 14, 2009, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinbike

hey, just wondering how much you guys pay for insurance on your visions?

thanks

inanecathode

I think last i paid it was 85 for a year.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rick G

75 a year , full coverage. same for my XL350.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

somewhere around 100/yr --25/50
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

kev10104

$800 a year.Canada nails us.

joevacc

I pay $50.00/ year for the Vision!  :P 8) :)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

don_vanecek

$800.00 a year, oh my gawd that's terrible, I couldn't afford the keep the V going if I had to pay that!!  I pay about $55.00 a year.

flyinbike

Quote from: kev10104 on April 15, 2009, 08:57:31 AM
$800 a year.Canada nails us.

Ohh man, i live in Canada too.  :'(

vadasz1

The cheapest quote I got in Canada was with Statefarm.  It was for $515.00.  I live in Mississauga and plan to use the V EVERY day to commute to and from work.

Call around and don't give up.  Did you take a motorcycle riding course?  Sometimes thay give discounts for those.  Also I am 41 years old.  If you are over 25 years of age you should get fairly decent rates.

Also don't forget that in the US they can sue eachothers asses off.  Here in Ontario and a few other provinces we have no fault insurance which severely limits your sueability factor.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

kev10104

I took the course and am 37.Still only have my m2 but ptimum was the cheapest I found.

Kid Jedi

It sucks being so young some times, I am paying 550 a year!
Loves to over think things.

Tiger

::) 56 years young this June and I pay $538.00 per year for basic insurance .......:( ::) Mind you, I do have six demerit points for two counts of speeding :-[ ::) ;D :D :D :D :D... :P

:) flyinbike where are you located mate... :-\

8)........TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kid Jedi

sounds like your pipes are too loud tiger! I think they hear ya coming!  ;)
Loves to over think things.

flyinbike

Quote from: Tiger on April 15, 2009, 07:24:46 PM
::) 56 years young this June and I pay $538.00 per year for basic insurance .......:( ::) Mind you, I do have six demerit points for two counts of speeding :-[ ::) ;D :D :D :D :D... :P

:) flyinbike where are you located mate... :-\

8)........TIGER....... 8)

I live in langley BC. I got a quote today for $1187 for a year! that's crazy.

Tiger

Quote from: Kid Jedi on April 15, 2009, 07:29:26 PM
sounds like your pipes are too loud tiger! I think they hear ya coming!  ;)

On the Spring and Fall rides NO ONE will ride directly behind me!!! They ALL say my pipes are to loud ::) but I hardly hear 'em... :o ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D...  ;)

I LOVE MY MAC's... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

vadasz1

Hey flyinbike, how old are you anyways?

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Tiger on April 15, 2009, 09:53:11 PM
On the Spring and Fall rides NO ONE will ride directly behind me!!! They ALL say my pipes are to loud ::) but I hardly hear 'em...

And this is why loud pipes don't alert people in front of you that you're coming.  They only alert people who you've already passed  ;D

Oh, and I pay 807 for two bikes, I'm 45, took the MSF course, and have been riding since I was 19.  But I also have to have a high liability limit or riding the bikes is not covered under my umbrella liability insurance policy.

Brian

Rick G

Tiger, I don't have that problem, I'm usually far enough ahead that the sound is diminished, by the time I get there.
I don't totally agree with the theory that all the sound is projected back , I've saved my bacon several times by pulling in the clutch and revving the engine a bit. It causes the offending cage pilots head to swivel around and see me . Mission accomplished.
I usually ride  at low rpm, with as little of the loud handle on as possible , at least in town. Out on the desert roads its me and the donkeys,jack rabbits and coyotes and they don't care.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

flyinbike

Quote from: vadasz1 on April 15, 2009, 10:18:59 PM
Hey flyinbike, how old are you anyways?

Im 16 and almost ready to ride!

vadasz1

Well atleast 9 years from now, if your still alive ;), you will get a reduced rate.