News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

gasket maker

Started by 123red82, April 20, 2009, 12:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123red82

i just replaced the mechanical water pump seal on my 82 would anyone use gasket maker to seal up the right side crankcase cover?

xswheels

I'm waiting for my water pump parts to arrive. I'm putting an OEM gasket in ($11). I like to put a light film of grease on the mating surfaces first.

inanecathode

I've used super copper ultra mega rtv or whatever permatex is calling it now for the whole crank case cover and thermostat housing cover with no gasket on both. Neither have leaked, i think you'll be safe ;)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Kid Jedi

With a name like that you would think it can fight crime!
Loves to over think things.

inanecathode

I think it actually does on the weekends.
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

xswheels

Hey 123red, I think I now know why you asked about the gasket replacement. All my water pump parts came in but the case gasket is on back order. I'll wait a bit, but I may go with a liquid gasket if it does not arrive soon. I have ultra copper but I would like to use Threebond if I could find some locally. It's tough to find.