News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

AKVision's Vision. Out in the sunlight

Started by rhpaw, April 27, 2009, 01:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

It might be silly, but because you replaced the jets with aftermarket its entirely possible they're not actually the right size even though they were stamped with the right number.
I'd still try taping off the filter first before going there, for that way lies madness  :o
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

rhpaw

I'll look at it in a bit. I'm going on a Vision vacation.
:D

03 buell xb9r - angry tractor

funkamongus

hahahahahahhahaaa   enjoy your respit!!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

rhpaw

Inane thinks the bike is getting too much air and we're going to play with restricting the airbox.

Everything looks to be right here EXCEPT 22- 25. Do you think it's possible that part 24 operates as a restrictor?

hhmmmmm........
I don't think I have it. I think that hose 21 runs directly to the carb vac port.

QBS

#24 is just a short piece of tubing that allows you to remove the air cleaner top without having to remove the vacume line at its' engine source.  A convenience item.

funkamongus

mine, too.. straight in. hose to fitting.... oh,... no,,, I DO have that,, its the restrictor/coupler for the line, it shows it to be right by the diaphragm but on mine its outside the airbox about halfway to the diaphragm...
I own:

funkamongus

well, by virtue of being smaller to couple the hoses it also serves as a restrictor of sorts, doesnt it?
PS I thought you were taking a break?!?!?! She's in your head, huh??? hahahaha... 
I own:

rhpaw

I'm going to restrict the hose with a clip and see if it alters the symptoms.

I know with my WRX there is a small inconspicuous restrictor in one of the wastegate lines that severely alters low speed boost and driveabillity. It's the tiny undocumented crap that kills us sometimes.

rhpaw

Agreed. It says 'coupler' in the parts fiche, but any smaller cavity that it has will function as a restrictor more than anything.

For a low vacuum mechanism, that may be a BIG deal.

Walt_M.

Am I incorrect in thinking that the jetting has to be leaner at higher altitudes? Have you tried a plug check? Run the bike to the speed where you are having the problem, pull in the clutch and kill the ignition(traffic permitting of course) and check the easiest plug.
Whale oil beef hooked!

rhpaw

I haven't looked at the plugs in a bit. Hard to say what we'll see when we pull them.
The bike runs cool and doesn't ping, that's for sure.

Rick G

Your on track Inane, I always toss the jets that come in the kits , and buy new ones from the stealer.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

The bike ran the same at 5k feet as it did at 9k feet. Every other vision in the state doesnt seem to have altitude problems until they get up around 12k feet or so, and then its just overly rich sluggish acceleration and poor starting.
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

funkamongus

thats good..one less thing to think about then.. even the passes here are only about 8k..
I own: