News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

New rider

Started by big_box, May 05, 2009, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_box

Hi,

I'm a new rider in ROV. My name is Bartek and I'm from Poland;) My english is not too good, so forgive me some blunders that I might make.
I've got Yamaha Vision, and I'm loocking for some information about this bike.
Currently I'm just reading and recognizing what I can find on this forum ;) 

It's hard to find something about this bike in Poland. Actually (in my country) it's hard to find anything for this bike (manuals, parts etc.... ). :(

Now, I'm writing to say "hello" and introduce myself. ;) If you can't understand something that I wrote - just tell me, and I will try to say it in another way ;).

akvision

welcome!

Don't sweat the english, just bang it out.

Wow, a Polish "V"

You will get plenty of help.. the folks on this site are the greatest. 
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

funkamongus

Welcome!!  You'll probably notice our english isnt any better!!!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Rick G

I though I  just posted this, but, its not here! So here gos again.
Bartek, you need to talk to (Humber)  Pavel Wojciehowski, he lives in Hrubieszow.  His email is bc30se@o2.pl.  He was on this forum for several years and is quite knowledgeable on the XZ550.
He WILL a bad mouth it ! But he bad mouth's his Opel too. He's a young guy , but he's a grouchy are on old guy like me!! I think he regrets selling his XZ , but he needed a car (serious girl friend,  Malgorzata)!
His English is excellent , as he teaches it.

Let us know how you get on with him.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Wasn't there another member from Poland besides Humber too?

Big box, have you seen the German XZ550 website?

http://www.xz550.de/

or the Dutch website:
http://www.xz550.nl/

At least they are a little closer to you on the other side of the "pond".

We all welcome you here too.  Don't worry about your English.  If you hadn't mentioned it, none of us would have noticed...or said anything about it.  We're a pretty close family here and we always welcome new members.  Just bear in mind that some of us get along like brothers and sisters, while some of us get along like me and my ex-wife...
But, for the most part, we're all one big happy family and a great source of information about the vision and lots of other stuff.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

funkamongus

hahahahahahahahaha  ... Ive noticed that in my short time here!! Its EXACTLY like a family!!! Very cool, though!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Rick G

I think that Humber was the only Polish member , but there were people from Rumania , I believe.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

big_box

I will try to contact Humber :)
Thanks for his e-mail adress, and all the rest :)

Coil Coyle

Welcome to Vision ownership, Big_Box

We are always interested in buying the European, 11U, primary gearset. The clutch basket and the crankshaft drive gear. Please get the details from Humber

Let us know when you find any.

;)
Coil

inanecathode

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on May 06, 2009, 05:40:17 AM
Welcome to Vision ownership, Big_Box

We are always interested in buying the European, 11U, primary gearset. The clutch basket and the crankshaft drive gear. Please get the details from Humber

Let us know when you find any.

;)
Coil

Having got the gears, i'd say they're "Meh"
Theres a difference, but its not earth shaking. Just good to know you're doing the best you can ratio wise :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Humber

so the guy contacted me, of course I will help him as much as I can.... :)

And... I did not forget, I browse the forum from time to time, sometimes I just think you have the patience of a saint, messing with the new users and their new/old problems, I would go crazy  :D

Rick, I don't regret selling the V, I grew out of her - I mean - the engine was too weak and my needs too big :) (anyway I am saving for the GSX1400 now) - I wish I could have kept her but... I couldn't afford it then, and even if I had her now, she would have to be my secondary bike - again I am not able to maintain two bikes and a car - it is just the way it is :-[.

However, finally I understood that I will never regret riding her, gave me lots of unforgettable moments and was truly failure-free - never let me down. If you think the stator is a problem, then try Opel - a piece of crap full of gremlins you will never get rid of.

Ahh, these moments will never come back :'(

nie ma podpis?w

Rick G

Good to see you on the forum again , even briefly.  I enjoyed the pics of you and your , I believe. nephew.
I have all I can do maintaining my pickup , the Vision and the "XL Honda XL350.
Good luck saving for the GSX 1400, it should have enough durability and power for you.
How far is Bartek from you?
Rick G

QBS

Welcome home Humber.  Please take good care of our new Vnary.

Humber

I still dont know which part of Poalnd he is from, who knows, perhaps I will have a chance to take her for a ride one more time  :)
nie ma podpis?w

Kenny

Hi Humber,
     Nice to hear from you again, nice photo's. What have you been up to since you sold your "V"?
   I hope you will be able to help the new member out (Welcome to the site Big_Box.).
   Do you still have access to windscreens and or EU gearing? ;)
   I find the gearing great for long distances as it makes the "V" a better touring bike after a solid 12 hrs of   riding - just a more comfortable ride.
                                          Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92