Look at what I am going to see this week

Started by couchflyer, May 11, 2009, 09:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

couchflyer

This one has a starter issue, the starter quit working last fall.  Well that is what I have been told, if it is the starter I may be able to fix it.  But man it looks cleaner than my black 82.  What do you guys think, should I get her?  She is really clean.

1982 Yamaha Vision ~ 1 Black & 1 Red
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
2008 Ducati 1098 ~ Track only
Sola Scriptura

Tiger

8) Nice one...but how many $$$$'s does he want  :-\

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

couchflyer

Well he said he'd "be happy to make a sweet deal".  Is that a 83 tank?  My black 82 has a Yamaha badge on the tank, this one doesn't.
Sola Scriptura

akvision

looks good to me, (at the right price, and miles) maybe your black one will become a parts bike.
Remember, we are in a recession..cash talks.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Brian Moffet

Quote from: couchflyer on May 11, 2009, 10:13:55 PM
Is that a 83 tank? 

83's in the US didn't come in that color.  I suspect it's been repainted.

Brian

Rick G

Brian is right, the tank has been repainted. The bike shows several signs of being an '82. Single disc brake, tall bar risers, chrome exhaust, silver swing arm. All the same I'd give my left nut for that thing , its super nice.Go for it! :D :D :D :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: akvision on May 11, 2009, 10:41:25 PM
... maybe your black one will become a parts bike.

:o I would hope not!!!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Rick G

Tiger is a trifle sensitive about relegating a Vision to parts bike status.  He tries to avoid it at all costs! ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

couchflyer

I am looking at it tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it is.

BTW - My black Vision kicks arse, I'd never use it as a parts bike.  Take a look at her.

Sola Scriptura

inanecathode

I wonder what that red bike looks like dry. If i hose down my bike then take a picture of it immediately it looks stellar.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

don_vanecek

Very nice!  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to make my yearly summer ride up to Minneapolis. My son's current job has him working every weekend, so I guess I have to think further about it as I would need to take more time off work to catch him on his days off, and he definitely cannot afford to take time off!   

funkamongus

Very clean. WOW. Money talks!! (Mine says "goodbye sucker!!")
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Rick G

Wow what a set of book ends you have!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rick G

couchflyer

Okay, here is the skinny:  It needs at least a starter maybe a solenoid too, speedo cable, gas tank reserve doesn't work, and needs a stainless steel brake line.  It has 10,500 miles, it does have the vacuum flap, it is very clean and he wanted $100.00.  I said I couldn't pay that amount and I gave him $200.00 for it.  It is really clean.  Now I need to get the time and get her on the lift to work on her to get her going again.

Sola Scriptura

Night Vision

$100? that's a deal at twice the price!

I would have done the same.... darn my honesty and good looks  ::)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Nothing like starting ownership of a 'new' bike with great karma.  Good job!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

funkamongus

magically delicious! Damn fine purchase, and well done.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

QBS

Integrity of the first order.  That V is going to an excellent home.  Well Done, Couch!

akvision

some are just naturally charmed.  how sweeeeet.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Tiger

Quote from: couchflyer on May 14, 2009, 09:56:35 PM
Okay, here is the skinny:  It needs at least a starter maybe a solenoid too, speedo cable, gas tank reserve doesn't work, and needs a stainless steel brake line.  It has 10,500 miles, it does have the vacuum flap, it is very clean and he wanted $100.00.  I said I couldn't pay that amount and I gave him $200.00 for it.  It is really clean.  Now I need to get the time and get her on the lift to work on her to get her going again.

8) That is a really sweet deal for a nice looking Vision... Absolutely superb...Congratulation 8)

Before you change out the starter, pull it apart...it could be full of oil/in need of new brushes, which is not a big deal, as your prob' aware. An overhaul of the petcock will sort out the reserve situation and the rest is all easy street ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)