News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Brake pads

Started by artbone, May 12, 2009, 01:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artbone

I've got everything I need to get this puppy running except ONE brake pad and there doesn't seem to be any such animal in San Miguel. I've ordered everything to completely rebuild the brakes (pads, o-rings, pistons, etc.) but I don't have them in hand. I looked at the left caliper and there was only one pad in there (although it was a better pad than the two in the right side.)

I rode all over SMA today and there is no pads to be had. I've ordered the parts and they're in Atlanta but I won't be able to get them for two weeks.

I'm not looking for advice, just sympathy.

art
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

h2olawyer

I feel for ya!

The right side pads were doing all the work - thus the left one was still in reasonably decent shape. 

Brake pads are available from Dennis Kirk - several brands.  EBC, SBS, Vesrah for sure and I think some more 'budget' oriented brands as well.  They ship fast, too.  I know it's too late for now unless you have everything else and just need the pads.  Then you could keep the set that comes in later as a spare set.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

artbone

Yes, I would do that except that I'm in Mexico and it would take over a week to get them here. I think I will ride over to some of the larger towns and see if they have them there.

Art
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650